Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-01-2010, 10:57 AM   #1
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Unhappy Crying, Silly or Not !!!

Yes I know it's silly, but I'm sitting here almost in tears,

I waited so long for my Beautiful Black PRS-600,

And I Loved it so much,

For almost 4 days it was Perfect,

The Nicest, Newest thing I've ever had,

And so useful with my eyesight failing so badly,

It's not like i didn't know the possible problems,

I Researched long and hard,

But then Suddenly appears Frozen ON see

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75340

I'm totally devasted and heartbroken,

I know it's just a Posession,

But I have little, and this was special,

So I sit here now really with

Tears streaming down my cheeks,

And no real reason to feel so strongly,

I love to read, soon I won't be able too,

The 600 was giving me a little longer,

That dream lasted 4 Days

Sorry Everyone

Last edited by Kevin2960; 03-01-2010 at 11:00 AM.
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:58 AM   #2
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Let the battery drain. Don't give up hope yet. Did you also try a hard reset?
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2010, 11:06 AM   #3
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Unhappy

Sorry just added link to previous thread, tried everything,
Battery appears fully charged, Home Screen on , but not sure,
Battery doesn't appear to be depleting, but screen frozen including battery indicator,
just totally shocked, oh wellit worked for 4 days, so my lucks not all bad !

Thnx, sorry being sduch a misery, BAD Day, LOL

Old 03-01-2010, 11:20 AM   #4
NormHart
Semper Carpe Bufo
NormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle2 & Kindle3
I'm so sorry for your loss. I see that you have had many many suggestions for remedies and that you are pursuing the most obvious solutions so I hold out some hope that all will be right in the end but I know how heartbreaking it must be to have such wonder and joy cut short.

Know that we all share your sorrow and are thinking good thoughts for you.

NormHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:35 AM   #5
SimonSays
No wire hangers, ever!
SimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-300
Stupid question, but don't you have the receipt so that you can return it?
SimonSays is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2010, 11:53 AM   #6
NormHart
Semper Carpe Bufo
NormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle2 & Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonSays View Post
I shouldn't speak for Kevin but...

I think this thread was started by Kevin, not to seek technical help but to try to share his sorrow at the loss of a new found hope.

Yes, there will probably be resolution of the problem but, as the saying goes, the shine is off the apple.

He scrimped and saved and probably spent more than he should have, agonized over the various readers available, finally made a selection and awaited its arrival with trepidation and anticipation. It finally arrived and fulfilled all his hopes and dreams... ("The Nicest, Newest thing I've ever had, And so useful with my eyesight failing so badly")

then this.

It really is so very sad, even if it is fixed it will never be quite as exciting and joyful.

NormHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:03 PM   #7
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
There is absolutely nothing like that sickening gut-wrenching feeling that occurs when you finally acquire the one perfect thing/object/whatever - and it stops working for no reason. It seems like someone is punishing you, or you didn't deserve to have it.

I sincerely hope you resolve the problem and return to happy reading.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:06 PM   #8
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonSays View Post
Yes have, am contacting Sony and the Retailer, Thnx

Was just feeling really Miserable, Sorry,

Old 03-01-2010, 12:18 PM   #9
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
what an incredibly horrid rotten feeling! FRUSTRATION! and the tears from it! perfectly natural!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:24 PM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
TOTALLY sympathise with the feeling. There's NOTHING worse than looking forward to something for ages, and then something bad happens.

On the practical front, your problem sounds like a flat battery. How are you trying to charge it?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:47 PM   #11
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Sorry about your luck.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:52 PM   #12
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormHart View Post
I'm so sorry for your loss. I see that you have had many many suggestions for remedies and that you are pursuing the most obvious solutions so I hold out some hope that all will be right in the end but I know how heartbreaking it must be to have such wonder and joy cut short.

Know that we all share your sorrow and are thinking good thoughts for you.

Sometimes just a shoulder helps,

I know I'm being silly, But it really got to me

once again,

Last edited by Kevin2960; 03-01-2010 at 01:11 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:17 PM   #13
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
No, you're not being silly at all. I'd be sad, then frustrated, working well towards anger. We all feel for you and you can borrow any of our shoulders...

Well, maybe one of the women, they wear those blouses with the comfy shoulder pads in them
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 01:35 PM   #14
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
You're not silly Kevin at all.

I know how excited you were when you got the Sony so yes it must feel awful that it isn't working right now.

I have my fingers crossed that it will get sorted quickly for you. The worst that can happen really is that you take it back into WHSmiths and get a replacement - if it is a defective unit - the sooner you do this the better really.

But I still maintain that you need a wall charger - you can get a psp charger can't you which is less expensive. Sometimes a USB connection just isn't good enough especially if your reader has got it's knickers in a twist like this one has. Mine froze once and I would not have got it working again without charging from the mains full stop.

I know you must be feeling awful right now but either way this is fixable - in terms of you can get it replaced if the worst comes to the worst.

Hang in there buddy x
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 01:37 PM   #15
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin

Talking

Folks there are too many to Thank Properly, but you all know the frustration, the sadness the abject feeling of rejection,

Hey I'll get over it ,

I am contacting Sony and the Retailers

So hopefully i'll get it sorted,

But just a little of the excitement has gone

Finding friends like you folks, well thats more valuable than even my Beautiful Reader,

Thnx Again especially NormHart