Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 01:48 AM   #1786
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@EnergyLens: That recipe appears to be for a particular blog, can you add instructions to it on what to change to have it work for another blogspot blog? That would be useful for people trying to customize the recipe.
Old 04-14-2010, 02:35 AM   #1787
nittecat
nittecat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Hi,

I would like to see recipe for C4ISR Journal on-line magazine located at
http://www.c4isrjournal.com/story.php?F=magazine

Thanks!

Taci
Advert
Old 04-14-2010, 10:26 AM   #1788
EnergyLens
Hack
EnergyLens began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite
Smile Create eBooks from Wikipedia

Directory to eBook

This Script takes an URL to a directory structure that can be accessed via a web server. The target directory is assumed to contain a series of directories each containing a single entry taken (in this instance) from Wikipedia.

I use the Firefox plugin Scrapbook to save entries from Wikipedia that I want to transform into an epub file. I use Scrapbook to clean up the entries to my liking then export them to a directory (Wikipedia) in my local filesystem that is accessible by my local webserver (the Sites directory on a Mac).

The script would need to be modified for how different web servers display directories in html for correct parsing.

You will notice that the script has some sections commented out. I use the script for making books of many different types of web content and extract and add additional elements to the articles dictionary structure. These elements can be used to call the catArticles procedure to structure a feed such that the table of contents is created from these additional elements.
Attached Files
File Type: zip wikipedia.recipe.zip (2.1 KB, 161 views)
Old 04-16-2010, 03:02 PM   #1789
kiklop74
Guru
kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Voyage
New recipe for FOX News:
Attached Files
File Type: zip foxnews.zip (1.6 KB, 156 views)
Old 04-17-2010, 12:47 AM   #1790
rty
Zealot
rty got an A in P-Chem.rty got an A in P-Chem.rty got an A in P-Chem.rty got an A in P-Chem.rty got an A in P-Chem.rty got an A in P-Chem.rty got an A in P-Chem.rty got an A in P-Chem.rty got an A in P-Chem.rty got an A in P-Chem.rty got an A in P-Chem.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle DXG, Kindle Paperwhite
Can any kind soul guru here please post the recipe for the Gulf Times? ( http://www.gulf-times.com )

Thanks
Advert
Old 04-17-2010, 11:14 PM   #1791
lenik
lenik began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505
have a trouble getting slashdot news on prs-505

I'm using calibre 0.6.13 under ubuntu 9.10 and trying to get some news on my device. There are feeds which work well, but there's a problem with Slashdot -- all I get is ~8MB files, which cannot be opened on prs-505, it says "formatting" for a while and then eventually reboots.

Is there any way this can be fixed or is there something I do wrong way?

Thanks!
Old 04-17-2010, 11:16 PM   #1792
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
use the epub output format
Old 04-18-2010, 02:26 AM   #1793
lenik
lenik began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
use the epub output format
First, I'd like to thank you for the wonderful program you wrote!!

Second, thank you for the advice -- now Slashdot works perfectly.

Could you please give any hints or advices about the "best" format for PDF books, which removes headers/footers, keeps pictures and allows to reflow the paragraphs to fit smaller screen of prs-505?

Thanks!
Old 04-18-2010, 06:26 AM   #1794
gambarini
Connoisseur
gambarini began at the beginning.

Device: IRiver Story, Ipod Touch, Android SmartPhone
What is the correct way to remove all unnecessary tag from this article?
http://www.lastampa.it/_web/cmstp/tm...ne=29&sezione=

The article is formatted with a table, without attribute...
Old 04-18-2010, 07:19 AM   #1795
gambarini
Connoisseur
gambarini began at the beginning.

Device: IRiver Story, Ipod Touch, Android SmartPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by gambarini View Post

i'll try with a "keep_only_tag" on td attribute value: "tdRight".
Is it a correct way?
Old 04-18-2010, 08:31 AM   #1796
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
i'll try with a "keep_only_tag" on td attribute value: "tdRight".
Is it a correct way?
The correct way is whatever works. If what you want to remove has no attribute, you can use BeautifulSoup and preprocess_html or postprocess_html to find any part you want to modify.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:03 AM   #1797
kiklop74
Guru
kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:

I would do this (add it to your recipe):

Code:
    extra_css = ' .boxocchiello2{font-size: small} .titoloRub{font-size: xx-large; font-weight: bold } .sezione{font-weight: bold} '

conversion_options = {'linearize_tables':True}

remove_attributes = ['colspan']

keep_only_tags = [dict(attrs={'class':['boxocchiello2','titoloRub','sezione','articologirata']})]
Old 04-18-2010, 02:32 PM   #1798
cix3
cix3 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
NPR Music Blogs Recipe

Code:
class nprmusic(BasicNewsRecipe):
    title = 'NPR Music Blogs'
    __author__ = 'cix3'
    timefmt = ' [%b %d, %Y]'

oldest_article = 30
    max_articles_per_feed = 100
    no_stylesheets = True

remove_tags = [dict(name='div', attrs={'id':['logo', 'comments', 'related_objects', 'inset module', 'footer', 'strip_control', 'header', 'navigation']}), dict(name='hr'), dict(name='img')]

feeds = [
        ('A Blog Supreme', 'http://www.npr.org/blogs/ablogsupreme/index.xml'),
        ('All Songs Considered', 'http://www.npr.org/blogs/allsongs/index.xml'),
        ('Monitor Mix', 'http://www.npr.org/blogs/monitormix/index.xml')]
Old 04-18-2010, 04:21 PM   #1799
newsfreak
newsfreak began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Please could you post the recipe for www.kurier.at (Austrian Newspaper Kurier).
Thanks
Old 04-19-2010, 08:23 AM   #1800
PaxtonReader
PaxtonReader began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2 Global
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiker View Post
Fix for archiving periodicals on Kindle will be in next release. Thanks for the kind words.

G
Just downloaded the 6.48 version and it works great for archiving my calibre-created periodicals. Thanks for your help!
Closed Thread