Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-09-2012, 10:38 AM   #1
Foxydemon
Enthusiast
Foxydemon began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, PS2, Xbox 360, Sony, N64, PSP, DS light
Exclamation Internet on Kindle

I can't get the internet on my Kindle at home. My mother can get her Kindle to work so I don't understand what t he problem is. Can anyone help me out? It only happens at my house
Foxydemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:55 AM   #2
Shack70
Guru
Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 10", Honor 8 Android Phone
What model Kindle?
Shack70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2012, 12:59 PM   #3
Foxydemon
Enthusiast

The one that is $75 it was working before but for some reason it doesn't want to work anymore. It works just fine at other places but not at home. And the password is the same and my sister can use her laptop no problem. I don't understand what's wrong with it. Please help me!
Old 04-09-2012, 01:06 PM   #4
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Try a reset.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:07 PM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Tell the Kindle to "forget" the WiFi network, then re-add it. The most likely explanation is that you've entered the encryption key incorrectly.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2012, 01:10 PM   #6
Foxydemon
Enthusiast

It has forgotten the password
I also reset the Kindle alot too
Old 04-09-2012, 01:13 PM   #7
Shack70
Guru
Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Make sure WiFi is turned on and if it is can you see the wireless netowork? Try rebooting the Kindle (hold the power switch)
Old 04-09-2012, 01:14 PM   #8
Foxydemon
Enthusiast

I did both of those I'm not stupid
I need new idea's that might fix the problem
Old 04-09-2012, 01:24 PM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Look at it logically. Either the Kindle is not connecting to the WiFi network or it's not getting through to the Internet.

Start with step #1. Do you see the "WiFi" symbol at the top right of the page when you show the menu bar? Ie, is the Kindle connecting to the WiFi network?
Old 04-09-2012, 01:25 PM   #10
Shack70
Guru

I never said you were stupid, have a good day and good luck
Old 04-09-2012, 01:25 PM   #11
Foxydemon
Enthusiast

It shows and I have almost full bars when I try to connect so that is not the problem
Old 04-09-2012, 01:36 PM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Ok, so it's connecting to WiFi. In that case it sounds as if it's being blocked by the settings on your router. That's not a Kindle issue; it's your router settings that need to be changed.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:07 PM   #13
Foxydemon
Enthusiast

But I'm the only one having problems with my Kindle internet
Old 04-10-2012, 10:51 AM   #14
Foxydemon
Enthusiast

My mother owns an Kindle and she is having no problems with it. But I can't get the internet to work for my Kindle. I don't understand the problem and I can't fix it on my own
Old 04-10-2012, 10:58 AM   #15
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Are you saying you've already done:
Home->Menu->Settings->Menu->Restart?
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote