Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 01-22-2012, 01:59 PM   #1
dee_can
Enthusiast
dee_can began at the beginning.

Device: kobo original, kobo touch, kobo vox, ipod touch
A scrolling tip

The subject of touchy scrolling came up in another thread where we found it annoying to scroll while browsing without accidently touching other links. I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned, but I noticed today that if you touch the screen on the right side right along the black border line, a scroll bar appears which allows you to keep your hands off the main screen. A scroll bar appears on the bottom, too, when you swipe along the border on the bottom of the screen. It still takes some practice, though. And maybe I'm the last one to notice this?
dee_can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 02:13 PM   #2
mr_nobody
Evangelist
mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kobo mini, nexus 7 (2012), kobo vox
I'm not sure this appears in all situations (for example, one user was complaining about a long scrolling list which was a select list in a web form).
mr_nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2012, 05:41 PM   #3
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
Thanks for the tip. Yes, I see that in "Settings" and it works in "All Apps" even though I don't see a scroll bar. Does not work in the browser because the long list of libraries is in a window on top of the main window and I can't get a scroll bar.
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:18 AM   #4
DHR
DHR began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo original, Kobo Vox, iPad1, HP TouchPad, BB PlayBook
Thanks.

I just tried it in Settings -> About Kobo eReader (because that is where I was). I actually got an inadvertent click from that too! Mind you, I wasn't terribly careful so it might have been an operator error.

It seems as if a point close enough to the screen to count for scrolling also counts for tapping.
DHR is offline   Reply With Quote