Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 06-08-2007, 02:54 AM   #1
R2D2
Mad Scientist
R2D2 doesn't litterR2D2 doesn't litterR2D2 doesn't litter

Device: Zaurus, HTCMagician, iLiad
Bug brings color to iLiad!

Sorry, couldn't resist! *eg* Click image for larger version.
R2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 03:03 AM   #2
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
In my opinion this is the best joke of the year!!!
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2007, 03:04 AM   #3
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
very funny.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 04:18 AM   #4
R2D2
Mad Scientist

Thanks! Somehow I knew that you two would be the first to reply. ;-)
Old 06-08-2007, 06:42 AM   #5
R2D2
Mad Scientist

Oh my god, I am on the front page. Alexander, what have you done? 8-)
Advert
Old 06-08-2007, 07:56 AM   #6
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Oh, this is quite interesting. Ladybirds like to read novels by Michel Chrichton.
I will check this when I will read in the garden next time.

Last edited by yokos; 06-08-2007 at 07:58 AM.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 08:31 AM   #7
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
The front page picture is a fraud!?!

I want a refund! Call the cops!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 08:49 AM   #8
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Heh, I don't take any responsibility. In fact, I am not going to talk without my lawyer.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 09:09 AM   #9
R2D2
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokos View Post
Oh, this is quite interesting. Ladybirds like to read novels by Michel Chrichton.
I will check this when I will read in the garden next time.
After all it is about climate change. So of course ladybugs are interested in it. Although I have to say that the story is pretty stupid...

Oh and sorry for trying to fool you. And everyone else. But at least I did not write that my bug turns the iLiad into color - at least if you do not smash ist -, only that it brings color to the iliad. So I am on pretty solid ground here. :
Old 06-08-2007, 09:16 AM   #10
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
After all it is about climate change. So of course ladybugs are interested in it. Although I have to say that the story is pretty stupid...
How far into the book are you? I quite liked it...

Then again, I own and have read almost every Michael Crichton book. (Both hardcopy and electronically). So I'm a little biassed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	crichton1.png
Views:	700
Size:	131.4 KB
ID:	3877   Click image for larger version

Name:	crichton2.png
Views:	554
Size:	132.2 KB
ID:	3878   Click image for larger version

Name:	crichton3.png
Views:	530
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	3879  
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 09:20 AM   #11
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B. View Post
Then again, I own and have read almost every Michael Crichton book. (Both hardcopy and electronically). So I'm a little biassed.
I am not trying to hijack this thread, but did you read Next, Adamb? Personally I think this was Crichton's weakest book. Entertaining yes, but very far-stretched. Talking apes that look like humans? Gimme a break...
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 09:27 AM   #12
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
I am not trying to hijack this thread, but did you read Next, Adamb? Personally I think this was Crichton's weakest book. Entertaining yes, but very far-stretched. Talking apes that look like humans? Gimme a break...
Oh no! Thread hijack!

I actually just started reading Next yesterday. I only read a book at a time, and just finished State of Fear last week.

He has had a few misses in the past. I think it was "Electronic Life" that bored me to the point that I had to stop reading it. But for the most part, I like his works.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:38 AM   #13
R2D2
Mad Scientist

Quote:
How far into the book are you? I quite liked it...
I have read the whole book. While it was thrilling, I think it was some kind of stupid, because if government agencies are chasing the bad guy, why don't they just send the marines to the island and the police to the national parc. Why don't they simply arrest the bad guy? Why don't the give our heros some body guards? And why choose a totally obsuce ways to kill someone, when there are much easier ways. Saying that scientific theories are just farytales in the appendix or that numerical computer models cannot be used to take an "experimental" look at theories does not help me further. All in all I would say that Crichton had a message and built a someway too big and complicated vehicle around it to transport it.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:33 AM   #14
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

I doubt Kenner was actually in a Government agency...

But to the point. Chrichton was definitely trying to get a point across, and show people other points of view on the issue. And for me, at least, it worked. I used to consider global waming a scientific fact. After the book, and other reading, I consdier it a theory, nothing more. I don't know if it's right or wrong, but it did instill a little bit of doubt where before there was none.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:46 AM   #15
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
I've read State of Fear too. I liked it. Whatever people think. IT'S FICTION!!!

I think he had the courage to be objective and take a look at the other side of the medal and assume the devil's advocate role. Sure at this point in time we know he was wrong about the whole denial concept but he was accurate in describing the total confusion in the whole communication of the facts.

Please don't flame me. I am ecofriendly. But scientific proof involves looking at all constatations before carrying judgement. He did it with what proof existed.

All and all very entertaining.

Now go! Hostages released! Hijack over!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote