Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 01-04-2012, 10:41 AM   #1
JJE
JJE began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
'Something went wrong' message

New user..
I finally managed to download a borrowed book from the public library after downloading Overdrive. Now Kobo displays two copies of the book, when I try to import I get a screen that says “Kobo is about to import your items into the library. Do you want to remove the original file from the memory card?” Regardless of whether I choose Yes or No, I get the following message: “Something went wrong and we could not import all your items. Please try again.”

Has anyone been able to overcome this problem?
JJE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:51 AM   #2
mr_nobody
Evangelist
mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kobo mini, nexus 7 (2012), kobo vox
The overdrive books are drm'ed and cannot be imported into the kobo reader app. Read them in overdrive.
mr_nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:01 AM   #3
JJE

Thank you. I will give it a try tonight.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:10 PM   #4
peterhondak
Zealot
peterhondak is on a distinguished road

Device: KoboMini (mine and MIL) KoboVox(returned), sonytouch(mom's),samsung7"
its not so bad reading them in Overdrive. There have a few settings for font/colour brightness as well. It actually nice (for me) to have my library books separate, so I can focus on them first.
peterhondak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:18 AM   #5
JJE

While connected to my wi-fi I went into OverDrive, selected App Settings and I was asked to ‘Authorize this app to open Adobe-protected eBooks..’ I entered my Id and password, clicked on the Authorize button and was sent to an Adobe site which lists their products and services and I could not easily find what my next steps should be. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
Old 01-06-2012, 09:27 AM   #6
mr_nobody
Evangelist
mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kobo mini, nexus 7 (2012), kobo vox
You need to enter an _Adobe_ id and password. Is that what you entered?

I'm confused, your earlier post suggested you had already configured the overdrive app. Not sure why you would be entering your credentials a second time.
mr_nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:33 AM   #7
JJE

Yes, I did enter and Adobe ID and password. I went there because I t when I clicked on the Get Books or the Downloads icons there is nothing to get or download so I was thought my settings were wrong.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:45 AM   #8
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJE View Post
While connected to my wi-fi I went into OverDrive, selected App Settings and I was asked to ‘Authorize this app to open Adobe-protected eBooks..’ I entered my Id and password, clicked on the Authorize button and was sent to an Adobe site which lists their products and services and I could not easily find what my next steps should be. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
I got instructions from my librarian how to do this, she even showed me on her iPad, and I also came to a dead end. I couldn't see anything in Overdrive that would get me to my library. I finally discovered that by pressing the Menu button on the Vox (3 lines, middle button, bottom) I could add a library. This brought up my browser and I went from there. You do need to have a library card.
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 10:29 AM   #9
JJE

Adding the public library worked. I can now open my books via Override. Thank you all for your help.