Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-14-2010, 10:14 AM   #16
Shiren
Connoisseur
Shiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505/iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne_Matheson View Post
Damn straight Amazon should fix this. Any other Canadian that gets ripped off by UPS should also call and complain. Maybe in this small way we can get Amazon to drop UPS for Canadian shipping.
I Agree. I emailed amazon yesterday about it, no answer so far. I'm guessing they're looking into the problem. I paid about $44 (amazon and UPS combined) in import fees for a package that that has a total value of less than $200. It doesn't make any sense.
Shiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 03:11 PM   #17
kindlezzz
Kindle Convert
kindlezzz began at the beginning.

Device: K3 > finally arrived!
Hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by foghat View Post
Amazon said mine was coming today. Canada Post told me on the phone today it is scheduled for delivery tomorrow.
The tracking ID that they give me in my account I assume is for DHL GLobal, but using that at their web site does not work anywhere. Canada Post as well.

How did you find out from Canada Post about your standard rate shipping order? Gave them the DHL tracking ID from your amazon account or ?

Cheers,
kindlezzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2010, 05:53 PM   #18
ZenRunner
Enthusiast
ZenRunner has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-300
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlezzz View Post
You guys get the device on the date indicated by Amazon? Ours was supposed to arrive today but nothing came (Toronto area). DHL Global is the carrier listed in my account and scanned it Sept 4th (I chose standard shipping). I assume it's in the hands of Canada Post now, does Amazon update the tracking info at all or what ?
You can track the package on Canada Post's website by entering the tracking ID given to you by Amazon as a "Reference Number".
ZenRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 06:03 PM   #19
Corran006
Connoisseur
Corran006 is a jewel in the roughCorran006 is a jewel in the roughCorran006 is a jewel in the roughCorran006 is a jewel in the roughCorran006 is a jewel in the roughCorran006 is a jewel in the roughCorran006 is a jewel in the roughCorran006 is a jewel in the roughCorran006 is a jewel in the roughCorran006 is a jewel in the roughCorran006 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Kindle 3
I only had 22$ import fee, but I was told that at the start when shipping was happening. I was not changed more from the shipper though.
Corran006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:17 PM   #20
Zyzomys
Hooked on Phonics
Zyzomys began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
My Kindle 3 Wi-Fi was delivered by UPS and there were no additional fees beyond what Amazon charged. If UPS tries to charge you more, refuse the package and let Amazon know.
Zyzomys is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2010, 08:34 PM   #21
foghat
Evangelist
foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlezzz View Post
The tracking ID that they give me in my account I assume is for DHL GLobal, but using that at their web site does not work anywhere. Canada Post as well.

How did you find out from Canada Post about your standard rate shipping order? Gave them the DHL tracking ID from your amazon account or ?

Cheers,
Well, first I phoned DHL, as the DHL tracking number amazon gave me did not seem to be updating tracking events on Amazons's site and the number did not work at all on the DHL site.

In talking with DHL, that is where I found out that they partner with Canada post. DHL was able to give me Canada Post's tracking number, which, you guessed it, did not work on Canada Post's website. So I called Canada post and they were able to give me the info. That said, today was supposed to be my delivery date - no kindle today. Phoned CP again about an hour or 2 ago and they said if it doesn't show tomorrow, I need to get in touch with Amazon. <sigh>
foghat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 09:21 AM   #22
kindlezzz
Kindle Convert
kindlezzz began at the beginning.

Device: K3 > finally arrived!
Yeah mine too, no update since they shipped it on Sept 4th from Kentucky.

I guess I will start with DHL Global like you did and try to get a Canada Post trace on it too.

Thanks & good luck!
kindlezzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 09:56 AM   #23
cl516
cl516 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi (White)
Ordered Aug. 31st, fastest shipping method selected.

Original Shipping Estimate Sept. 20th.

Actual Shipping Sept. 14th.

Estimated Arrival Sept. 16th.

...I just got off the phone with UPS. Kindle due to arrive TODAY before noon!
Also, based on tracking # I provided, they said no duties or fees required.
cl516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 10:49 AM   #24
foghat
Evangelist
foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

^ man. I order mine on August 4th. Granted I just picked the cheapest shipping and there was the delay due to no stock. But still....

Hopefully mine shows up today too.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:33 AM   #25
cl516

Update:

UPS phone people told me twice to expect delivery today,
but UPS online tracking clearly says rescheduled for tomorrow.

I'm not posting again until I receive it.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:52 PM   #26
ChaoZ
Connoisseur
ChaoZ doesn't litterChaoZ doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Mini, Kobo Touch
As much as I hate UPS (and been gouged by their brokerage fees), I've heard some truly scary tales about DHL. Wish they went with Canada Post or Purolator or even FedEx.
ChaoZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 01:58 PM   #27
foghat
Evangelist

^ In my case, it seems DHL got it to the border alright. It is Canada Post that appears to be dropping the ball in my case.

But, I agree, I typically would prefer things be shipped via USPS/Canada Post vs. UPS.
Old 09-15-2010, 03:25 PM   #28
cl516

After a 4+ hour delay, it was discovered that UPS had delievered it to the wrong house. I finally just got it.
Old 09-15-2010, 03:32 PM   #29
foghat
Evangelist

^nice! I am hoping mine is sitting on my doorstep when I get home....
Old 09-15-2010, 04:38 PM   #30
Dwayne_Matheson
Connoisseur
Dwayne_Matheson is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Congrats all you lucky Kindle 3 owners I know I will get mine eventually... I am just impatient.
Dwayne_Matheson is offline   Reply With Quote