Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-20-2015, 01:35 PM   #2926
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃

♫ in cow minor
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 08:00 PM   #2927
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 01:49 AM   #2928
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
When my daughter was very young she loved wolves. She had several wolf-themed tee shirts ... including the Three Wolf Moon shirt. But that was before I knew of its special powers (as noted in actual Amazon customer reviews -- which are inspired!).

cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 09:03 AM   #2929
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Ikea Cat Advertisment

The Making of Ikea Cat Advertisment
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 01:38 AM   #2930
cromag
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

We just had a week's family vacation in Cape May, NJ. Not too far, and a long family tradition. When we were leaving Cape May I played an "Easy Listening" radio station on the minivan's stereo before I put on some of my "good music" (and my wife and daughter put on their noise canceling headphones). One of the songs that came on was Night Fever, by the Bee Gees. My daughter immediately announced, "Their magic is useless, the Brothers Gibb!" A 10th Kingdom reference. I've done something right!

Old 08-24-2015, 04:24 AM   #2931
cromag

Words of wisdom:

Old 09-11-2015, 11:53 PM   #2932
cromag

Inspired by the spider discussion over at the Vent and Rant thread:

Old 09-12-2015, 01:16 PM   #2933
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

I lot of artists have covered this song. I still like the original Screaming Jay Hawkins version the best, but this is also really good. That and Samantha Fish is hot.

Old 09-27-2015, 02:10 PM   #2934
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
By fans, for fans.

PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 11:46 PM   #2935
cromag

I like the song, I like the orchestration, I like the lasers, and I like the very, very patient vocalist!

Old 10-20-2015, 05:20 PM   #2936
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Even arachnophobes can't resist this level of spidery cuteness. But spoiler tags just in case.

Spoiler:
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 06:19 PM   #2937
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
I love spider walks

tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 08:05 PM   #2938
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 09:27 PM   #2939
cromag

No Youtube video, but kinda "on topic."

I had my tea on the back deck this afternoon. I keep a plastic table next to the chair to put the mug on. The edge of table is about 6 inches from the chair.

I noticed a small spider, maybe 3/8 of an inch long, pacing along the edge of the table. Finally, he jumped. He almost made it -- maybe half an inch short. He'd let out some silk, so he didn't fall to the deck. He hauled himself up the silk line, began pacing again, and jumped again -- falling just short again.

He tried three of four more times before I went back inside.

I do wish I had a video of it.
Old 10-20-2015, 10:20 PM   #2940
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
No Youtube video, but kinda "on topic."

I had my tea on the back deck this afternoon. I keep a plastic table next to the chair to put the mug on. The edge of table is about 6 inches from the chair.

I noticed a small spider, maybe 3/8 of an inch long, pacing along the edge of the table. Finally, he jumped. He almost made it -- maybe half an inch short. He'd let out some silk, so he didn't fall to the deck. He hauled himself up the silk line, began pacing again, and jumped again -- falling just short again.

He tried three of four more times before I went back inside.

I do wish I had a video of it.
Darn, so we'll never know if he made it

That story of perseverance reminds me of something I witnessed.

I once watched a duck on a lake at Northwest Trek for over an hour. He was the only critter on the lake and put on quite a show for the gathering crowd. This show was nature doing her thing and was not a scheduled event. It was duck vs eagle, and the crowd was cheering for the duck.

Every time the eagle swooped down to catch the duck, the duck ducked under the water far enough to be out of reach of the eagle's talons. As the eagle flew off to mount his attack again, the duck popped back up. Repeat, repeat... When I first started watching this, I thought the duck was gonna be a goner for sure, but not so. He outsmarted that eagle every time. After an hour or so, the eagle finally gave up and flew out of the park empty taloned.. The crowd cheered for the duck, who continued doing his thing - floating on the water. Duck 1 - Eagle 0
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cats, kindle, tax, vincent price