Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 12-01-2012, 03:42 AM   #1
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Strikethrough tags ?

Though I have seen posts with strikethrough html tags, I cannot find anywhere what these are. I've tried a few but none seem to work. How can I strikethrough selected portions of text ?
Thanks
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:11 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It's not HTML, it's the "UBB" codes we use here on the forum. For strikethrough, the code is "strike", in square brackets, with the matching closing tag, of course. Eg strikethrough
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2012, 06:17 AM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It's not HTML, it's the "UBB" codes we use here on the forum. For strikethrough, the code is "strike", in square brackets, with the matching closing tag, of course. Eg strikethrough
And of course the easiest way to find tricks like this is to QUOTE a message that has something like that and you get to see the code used.

So in Harry's post I see
Code:
 Eg [ strike]strikethrough[/ strike]
without (of course) the spaces.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:18 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, exactly.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:23 AM   #5
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
For writing this kind of code, you can use the [noparse] tag:

[strike]strikethrough[/strike]

Also useful to disable smilies
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2012, 06:26 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Good tip - I forgot about "noparse".
Old 12-01-2012, 08:39 AM   #7
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
For writing this kind of code, you can use the [noparse] tag:

[strike]strikethrough[/strike]

Also useful to disable smilies
Thanks! I was not even aware of the [noparse] tag.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:22 PM   #8
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Thank you all for your input.
Now this is very strange because before asking in this thread I had tried the square brackets with the word stike then closing it after the selected text and when posting not only it did not strike through but it showed the tags in the text. Now I've tried it again and it worked. Go figure ...

Testing again: strikethrough
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:48 AM   #9
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
BB Code List

Your can find our BB Code List by clicking Our FAQ (found at the bottom of our forum pages)
Then scrolling down to click on Reading and Posting Messages
Then click on Posting New Messages and at the bottom of "How do I format my posts and messages?" you will see the below which has a "click here" to take you to the BB codes to use.
Quote:
BB code is a special set of codes similar to HTML that can be used in posts to the board. To see the full list of BB code tags that can be used on this site and examples of their use, click here.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote