Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 11-27-2007, 01:21 PM   #1
Loopy65
Groupie
Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3; iPad & iPhone 4
argghhh ... desperate for December 5th!!

Well .. I can convince myself now that it's nearly December 5th, the time of the next 'wave' of cybooks! .. I am sooooooooooooo wanting it to come already! .. I sold my iRex at the beginning of the month and going back to reading 'real' books has been horrible! .. they seem so heavy after getting used to the ebook reader experience! .. and I take ages to choose what to read next whereas it's just 'there' on my ebook reader and so simple! ..

The arrival of the kindle has made me yearn even more for the Cybook! .. I'm in the UK so the kindle wasn't going to be an option anyways but I'm pretty sure I'd have still chosen the Cybook regardless it's just such a nice piece to gadgetry to look at (most things are compared to the Kindle )

Anyways, I just had to post as I'm finding it so hard to keep being patient, although of course I have no choice in the matter! .. waiting has never been one of my strong points!!

Loopy
Loopy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 01:32 PM   #2
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Hang in there!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2007, 04:27 PM   #3
ricdiogo
Gutenberger
ricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook Gen 3
I've decided that it would be better for my poor little mind expecting cybook's arrival on the dec 20.
ricdiogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 05:32 PM   #4
rixte
Addict
rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: new oasis, paperwhite, ipad, kobo
I'm feeling the same way! When fictionwise had their end-of-october 100% rebate for 5 year club members, I bought a ton of books.

And while I *can* read them on either my pda or my phone, I'm desperately trying to wait for my cybook to fully experience the glory.

Although I'm just hoping for arrival by the 18th, that being my birthday and all
rixte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 09:34 AM   #5
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Hey, don't despair prs500 owners have waited 6 months for theirs to even come out after regular postponements. It will come...
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2007, 09:48 AM   #6
SUSGOD
Connoisseur
SUSGOD began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre-eBook reader PRO
argghhh ... desperate for ?????

At least you have a shipping date! NAEB is still not ready to take my order! I AM being patient! I AM trying to be good and not add my 2 cents to the litany of whiners plagueing Derek. But, I am sooooooooooooo wanting to place my order already!

Susan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loopy65 View Post
Well .. I can convince myself now that it's nearly December 5th, the time of the next 'wave' of cybooks! .. I am sooooooooooooo wanting it to come already! .. <SNIP>

Anyways, I just had to post as I'm finding it so hard to keep being patient, although of course I have no choice in the matter! .. waiting has never been one of my strong points!!

Loopy
SUSGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 10:45 AM   #7
Loopy65
Groupie
Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUSGOD View Post
At least you have a shipping date! NAEB is still not ready to take my order! I AM being patient! I AM trying to be good and not add my 2 cents to the litany of whiners plagueing Derek. But, I am sooooooooooooo wanting to place my order already!

Susan
yup good point .. i'm fairly sure it'll get here by Christmas! .. hope you manage to get yours by then too!!! ..

ok .. i'm calmer now *grin*

Loopy
Old 11-30-2007, 11:38 AM   #8
Demented
Connoisseur
Demented began at the beginning.

Device: DR800SG, Nook, Cybook Original
Heh they now have Dec 14-18th on their site. I wonder if this is for all back ordered orders or just ones being ordered from today on:P
Demented is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 12:34 PM   #9
mitja_i
Enthusiast
mitja_i began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Due to overwhelming demand, all orders from now on will ship between December 14 and December 18, 2007.
mitja_i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 08:09 PM   #10
Loopy65
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demented View Post
Heh they now have Dec 14-18th on their site. I wonder if this is for all back ordered orders or just ones being ordered from today on:P
Yikes! You scared me for a moment but I'm relieved to say that shipping is still showing as the 5th December for me - PHEW!!!

Loopy
Old 11-30-2007, 10:16 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loopy65 View Post
Well .. I can convince myself now that it's nearly December 5th, the time of the next 'wave' of cybooks!
Just Remember September and October when you think December 5th is a real date.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 08:32 AM   #12
Loopy65
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Just Remember September and October when you think December 5th is a real date.
wahhhhhhh!! please dont say it's true! .. will be crossing my fingers til it gets here! .. cooking for the family will just take a little longer that's all!

Loopy
Old 12-03-2007, 01:05 AM   #13
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen
HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle International Ipad 2
My wife has been remarkably calm for the past month waiting for her reader until yesterday. She said in an offhand manner that she would get her reader this week. I said that it was only supposed to ship on Wednesday so it would be some time still. You could see the disappointment and now she has joined the ranks in need of the meditation thread.
HappyMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 08:59 AM   #14
Loopy65
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyMartin View Post
My wife has been remarkably calm for the past month waiting for her reader until yesterday. She said in an offhand manner that she would get her reader this week. I said that it was only supposed to ship on Wednesday so it would be some time still. You could see the disappointment and now she has joined the ranks in need of the meditation thread.
lol she sounds at the same point as me! i'm trying to tell myself to be calm and not expect it this week but actually i AM expecting it this week!! .. ho hum .. in theory it's possible but highly unlikely! ..

*waiting as patiently as possible*

Loopy
Old 12-03-2007, 09:17 AM   #15
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen
HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle International Ipad 2
Well I went and checked my order info and shipping date is still posted as 5 December. Seems everything is on track.
HappyMartin is offline   Reply With Quote