Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 06-27-2011, 10:27 AM   #1
twibbs
twibbs began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
Footnotes get broken in Sigil

I have been converting some large books from Indesign to Epub and have spent many laborious hours inserting my notes as footnotes in my InDesign document before export. There could be 20 chapters and some might have about 100 footnotes. I open the epub in Digital Editions or in iBooks and all is OK, the notes link beautifully bi-directionally. I do a little bit of post export tweaking in Sigil, but much to my dismay when I resave the document out of Sigil I discover all the links are broken and will all link to (usually) the last chapter's notes. But I can't see any difference in the links code before/after the Sigil save. Has any else had this problem or can offer any advise?
twibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:13 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by twibbs View Post
I have been converting some large books from Indesign to Epub and have spent many laborious hours inserting my notes as footnotes in my InDesign document before export. There could be 20 chapters and some might have about 100 footnotes. I open the epub in Digital Editions or in iBooks and all is OK, the notes link beautifully bi-directionally. I do a little bit of post export tweaking in Sigil, but much to my dismay when I resave the document out of Sigil I discover all the links are broken and will all link to (usually) the last chapter's notes. But I can't see any difference in the links code before/after the Sigil save. Has any else had this problem or can offer any advise?
I have seen inline TOC link issues with relative (same page) links.
Code:
<a href="../Text/p1.html#filepos12761"><span class="bold">Chapter 1</span></a>
works and adjusts correctly on a page split.

Code:
<a href="../Text/#filepos12761"><span class="bold">Chapter 1</span></a>
will fail after splitting a file to adittional page(s)

To correct you need to insert the filename before the Hash mark
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert