Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-12-2011, 05:04 PM   #1
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
two free anthologies (sci-fi and fantasy) from Copia

Like many of us, I suspect, I'm pretty fed up with Copia...

But, per an e-mail I just received, they are offering two anthologies:

Quote:
The Copia Book of Science Fiction gathers 20 masterful short stories by the likes of Philip K. Dick, Kurt Vonnegut, Philip José Farmer and the legendary Harry Harrison. Supernatural giants Tanith Lee, Gene Wolfe, Lawrence Watt-Evans and others take The Copia Book of Fantasy into a new dimension. Download 'em free. And tell your friends!
I am having trouble actually getting them to download (as with some other books from Copia), but I thought I'd throw them out here in case others can get them.

I'm not cutting and pasting links these days, but their top level website (typed in from scratch so it can't possibly have any "evil affiliate" tags) is www.thecopia.com and you can just search for the books from there.

Last edited by sufue; 10-12-2011 at 05:32 PM.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 05:44 PM   #2
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Fergit it ! Anyone can offer the most amazing freebies - especially if no-one can download the things....

No, Copia is a dead parrot for me.

They don't even reply to enquiries/complaints - probably can't work out how to switch on the email..........
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 05:45 PM   #3
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Hmmmm. my avatar says...
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 05:46 PM   #4
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Hmmmm. my avatar says...
LOL.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 06:24 PM   #5
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
No, Copia is a dead parrot for me.
No.... Just pining for the fjords!!!
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 06:40 PM   #6
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
No.... Just pining for the fjords!!!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 06:54 PM   #7
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
I am having trouble actually getting them to download (as with some other books from Copia), but I thought I'd throw them out here in case others can get them.
I got that email also and I was able to get them. After I 'bought' them, I went to Settings (very top of the page), then to Purchase History (bottom of the page). There should be a Download Now button for the books. The download is an ACSM file, which opens up in ADE. The books are in EPUB format.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 06:55 PM   #8
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
They've also a bunch of "Secret Agent X" stories from 30s era pulp magazines for free.

Direct linkage for anyone who wants to try:

The Copia Book of Fantasy
The Copia Book of Science Fiction
The Return of Dr. Fu Manchu by Sax Rohmer
The Phantom Detective: Tycoon of Crime by Robert Wallace
The Phantom Detective: Fangs of Murder by Robert Wallace
Secret Agent X: Legion of the Living Dead
Secret Agent X: The Assassin's League
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:38 PM   #9
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Is there a way to download without their desktop reader software or app?
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:45 PM   #10
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Go into Settings at the very top, scroll down to Purchase History, and you should have a neat list of all your "purchased" freebies with a download button to deliver the ADE .acsm files.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:53 PM   #11
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
Go into Settings at the very top, scroll down to Purchase History, and you should have a neat list of all your "purchased" freebies with a download button to deliver the ADE .acsm files.
Thanks. The "settings" button is the key. It doesn't show up in your library.

Downloaded using the Sony Reader. No author listed.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:54 PM   #12
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
I got that email also and I was able to get them. After I 'bought' them, I went to Settings (very top of the page), then to Purchase History (bottom of the page). There should be a Download Now button for the books. The download is an ACSM file, which opens up in ADE. The books are in EPUB format.
Thanks. I missed your post in my excitement. LOL
Old 10-12-2011, 11:51 PM   #13
BrowseTheStacks
BrowseTheStacks
BrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle 3 3G + WI-FI
Are not the pulp ones the same files that you can DL on www.pulpgen.com and www.munseys.com for free?
BrowseTheStacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:51 PM   #14
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I downloaded through the Copia software, absolutely no problem. It's a miracle!

Edited to add: I don't see the Phantom Detective ones at Munseys. In any case, the Copia versions look to be very nicely formatted.

Last edited by Catlady; 10-12-2011 at 11:54 PM.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 12:14 AM   #15
BrowseTheStacks
BrowseTheStacks
BrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle 3 3G + WI-FI
Are the SF&F stories public domain stories?
BrowseTheStacks is offline   Reply With Quote