Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 01:22 PM   #61
Jean
Zealot
Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm tx / Kindle 1 / ebookwise 1150 / Kindle Fire / Kindle Paperwhite
In Preferences/Advanced the only options I have are:
1. Debug device detection
2. Check database integrity
3. Open calibre configuration directory

there dosn't appear to be an Install command line tools option. I am running version 0.6.36 of Calibre.

Thank you for your assistance.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:29 PM   #62
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Jean, try skipping to the next step and see if the command does anything.

G
Advert
Old 01-28-2010, 01:32 PM   #63
Jozawun
Fanatic
Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen 3, Pocketbook 902, Sony 650
Another great development in a great program.

But a few problems in the Catalogue generated in CSV:

The figures in the SIZE column appear to be random numbers of between 6 and 8 digits, bearing no relation to either the individual book size or to its size relative to other books.

You have already responded to the earlier post about the listings in the FORMATS column; the same applies to the COVERS column (that is, if anyone actually wants the so-called "covers" showing in their catalogue; for mine, the less I see of them the better - they are, after all, nothing but an archaic wank).

All I get in the ISBN column is the occasional "9.78E+12", which is short for 9781610000000.

The SERIES INDEX column sticks in an arbitrary figure "1" - I believe it would be better left blank if there are no series details listed in the the individual entries.

Of course, it is entirely possible that the error is at my end; if so, I would appreciate your advice.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:39 PM   #64
Jean
Zealot
Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm tx / Kindle 1 / ebookwise 1150 / Kindle Fire / Kindle Paperwhite
It ran without having to install the command line tools - it pinpointed the problem book and I deleted it (it wasn't a very good book anyway) I'll try again to create a catalog later - I need to leave right now.

Thanks for your help
Old 01-28-2010, 01:40 PM   #65
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean View Post
In Preferences/Advanced the only options I have are:
1. Debug device detection
2. Check database integrity
3. Open calibre configuration directory

there dosn't appear to be an Install command line tools option. I am running version 0.6.36 of Calibre.

Thank you for your assistance.
The command line tools are already installed.

You run command line tools from a Terminal/DOS type window.

Last edited by theducks; 08-16-2012 at 08:29 PM.
Advert
Old 01-28-2010, 01:42 PM   #66
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
Would you be willing to add a section for Series to the catalog? It'd be quite useful to have an index by series too.

Xenophon
Old 01-28-2010, 01:49 PM   #67
GRiker
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Xenophon, feel free to create a feature request ticket with an explanation of how you'd like to see it implemented.

JOZAWUN: You can modify which fields are exported to the CSV/XML file in the options tab. Simply deselect the ones you don't want included. With respect to the actual contents of the fields, I'm passing through whatever I get from the database without any attempt to make sense of it. If there's some specific information in one of those fields that you'd like output in a specific format, please post that here or in a bug report.
Among those you mentioned, I'm guessing the ISBN would be the most important.

G
Old 01-28-2010, 02:04 PM   #68
Jozawun
Fanatic
Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry, if it is not obvious, I am tooking about the CSV display in Excel, where I intend to keep the Catalogue.
Personally it is simply more practical for me; and, of course, it allows me to manipulate the data to my heart's content.
I could even, for example, convert Titles comprising numerals to text.
And if I wish, I could even convert the desired arrangement to mobi and bung it back in calibre and/or on to the Cybook.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:09 PM   #69
Jozawun
Fanatic

Sorry, missed your reply.

Yes, I know I can omit anything I don't want, I was just passing it on fyi.

But actually, for me the ISBN is unimportant, and the size (to some extent, eg when calculating for divisions between SD Cards) and formats are more important.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:14 PM   #70
GRiker

JOZAWUN: No problem, just need to clarify what you're after.

If you're only getting occasional numbers in the ISBN field, that's because there are only occasional ISBN numbers in your database. It's reasonable to expect them to be formatted as unformatted digits.

With the covers, what are you expecting to see? Just the format, not the path?

G
Old 01-28-2010, 03:33 PM   #71
Jozawun
Fanatic

Noted about the ISBN.

With the covers, as I said, personally I don't really want them at all, I was just noting that all that was showing was the file-path, which seemed to me to be of little use. The only reason I even bother about the "covers" at all is because Bookeen insists on using them as an integral part of its Library system. Whether other users want the actual image, or something else, is another issue.

However, it would be definitely useful (again, to me personally), if we had the correct sizes in the SIZE column, and the actual format/s (eg MOBI, or eg MOBI, PDF) in the FORMATS column, rather than just the file-path (and it actually only shows ONE of the file-paths - the MOBI one - even when the book is in more than one format).

However, even in its present form, I still think it is a big help overall, and you and everyone involved has my heartfelt thanks. And that goes for the whole calibre program.
Old 01-31-2010, 03:44 PM   #72
Lynn P
Lynn P began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks for your work on Calibre!

I am having a problem creating a catalog of my books. Here is my error log:

Spoiler:
ERROR: Conversion Error: <b>Failed</b>: Generate catalog

Generate catalog
Catalog_EPUB_MOBI:run
path_to_output: c:\docume~1\owner\locals~1\temp\calibre_0.6.36_blu xfu_catalog_out.mobi
Output format: mobi
Book count: 513
opts:
basename: Catalog
catalog_title: My Books
creator: calibre
descriptionClip: 250
exclude_genre:
exclude_tags:
fmt: mobi
log: <calibre.utils.logging.Log object at 0x0379F310>
note_tag:
output_profile: kindle
plugin_path: <class 'calibre.library.catalog.EPUB_MOBI'>
read_tag:
search_text: None
sort_by: None
verbose: True
CatalogBuilder(): Generating mobi for kindle
0.00% fetchBooksByTitle()
0.08% fetchBooksByAuthor()
0.15% generateHTMLDescriptions()
0.23% generateHTMLByTitle()
0.31% generateHTMLByAuthor()
0.38% generateHTMLByTags()
0.46% generateOPF()
0.54% generateNCXHeader()
0.62% generateNCXDescriptions()
0.69% generateNCXByTitle()
0.77% generateNCXByAuthor()
0.85% generateNCXByTags()
Python function terminated unexpectedly
list index out of range (Error Code: 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site.py", line 103, in main
File "site.py", line 85, in run_entry_point
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\worker.py", line 99, in main
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\convert\gui_conversion.py", line 59, in gui_catalog
File "site-packages\calibre\library\catalog.py", line 2391, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\library\catalog.py", line 772, in buildSources
File "site-packages\calibre\library\catalog.py", line 1901, in generateNCXByTags
IndexError: list index out of range

I appreciate your help.

Lynn
Old 01-31-2010, 04:59 PM   #73
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Grrr, I removed the tag option with a . and now I cant generate the catalogue - I also probably messed up the other tag options as I deleted them and didnt insert anything.

I got this log:
Spoiler:

Generate catalog
path_to_output: c:\docume~1\user\locals~1\temp\calibre_0.6.35_sg1t zw_catalog_out.epub
Output format: epub
opts:
creator: Calibre
dbs_fname: CatalogSnapshot.dat
exclude_genre: .
exclude_tags:
fmt: epub
ids: [192, 187, 14, 21, 73, 60, 71, 68, 12, 69, 154, 24, 30, 41, 132, 55, 131, 15, 39, 1, 128, 120, 190, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 40, 38, 91, 56, 85, 6, 8, 96, 17, 54, 46, 64, 51, 52, 43, 4, 19, 84, 175, 174, 97, 59, 65, 2, 20, 90, 178, 94, 150, 179, 100, 93, 183, 165, 181, 185, 180, 167, 182, 18, 47, 191, 48, 117, 118, 29, 176, 77, 42, 32, 177, 11, 79, 78, 3, 5, 141, 106, 107, 143, 109, 142, 111, 115, 112, 145, 156, 105, 153, 22, 50, 83, 10, 35, 53, 157, 33, 37, 88, 44, 76, 23, 25, 66, 13, 72, 63, 36, 49, 62, 7, 119, 129, 70, 138, 135, 134, 136, 140, 139, 137, 133]
note_tag:
read_tag:
0% fetchBooksByTitle()
7% fetchBooksByAuthor()
15% generateHTMLDescriptions()
23% generateHTMLByTitle()
30% generateHTMLByAuthor()
38% generateHTMLByTags()
46% generateThumbnails()
no cover available for Avatar, will use default
generating new thumbnail_default.jpg
no cover available for Lies I Told My Children, will use default
updating thumbnail_default for Lies I Told My Children
no cover available for My Books, will use default
no cover available for My Clippings, will use default
no cover available for Order of Series, will use default
updating thumbnail_default for Order of Series
no cover available for The Pawn (The Patrick Bowers Files, Book 1), will use default
53% generateOPF()
61% generateNCXHeader()
69% generateNCXDescription()
76% generateNCXByTitle()
84% generateNCXByAuthor()
92% generateNCXByTags()
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\convert\gui_conversion.py", line 59, in gui_catalog
File "site-packages\calibre\library\catalog.py", line 2554, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\library\catalog.py", line 704, in buildSources
File "site-packages\calibre\library\catalog.py", line 1939, in generateNCXByTags

Then I inserted the default one for tags and got this log
Spoiler:

Generate catalog
path_to_output: c:\docume~1\user\locals~1\temp\calibre_0.6.35_mqrf wz_catalog_out.epub
opts:
exclude_genre: [\[[\w ]*\]
exclude_tags:
ids: [192, 187, 14, 21, 73, 60, 71, 68, 12, 69, 154, 24, 30, 41, 132, 55, 131, 15, 39, 1, 128, 120, 190, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 40, 38, 91, 56, 85, 6, 8, 96, 17, 54, 46, 64, 51, 52, 43, 4, 19, 84, 175, 174, 97, 59, 65, 2, 20, 90, 178, 94, 150, 179, 100, 93, 183, 165, 181, 185, 180, 167, 182, 18, 47, 191, 48, 117, 118, 29, 176, 77, 42, 32, 177, 11, 79, 78, 3, 5, 141, 106, 107, 143, 109, 142, 111, 115, 112, 145, 156, 105, 153, 22, 50, 83, 10, 35, 53, 157, 33, 37, 88, 44, 76, 23, 25, 66, 13, 72, 63, 36, 49, 62, 7, 119, 129, 70, 138, 135, 134, 136, 140, 139, 137, 133]
note_tag:
read_tag:
0% fetchBooksByTitle()
7% fetchBooksByAuthor()
38% generateHTMLByTags()
46% generateThumbnails()
no cover available for The Pawn (The Patrick Bowers Files, Book 1), will use default
53% generateOPF()
61% generateNCXHeader()
76% generateNCXByTitle()
92% generateNCXByTags()
File "site-packages\calibre\library\catalog.py", line 1939, in generateNCXByTags

Maybe if I put in the default options and remove all tags individually? In which case, what would the default options be as they are now gone.
---------------------------

Last edited by Pushka; 01-31-2010 at 05:02 PM.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:31 PM   #74
Lynn P
Lynn P began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
OK, I got mine to finally work. First, I had to clean up my Calibre library directory. There were some book folders in the calibre library directory that were no longer listed in my library. Not sure how that happened. It still would not work. Then I added back the default characters in the regex field (from the first post in this thread - '\[[\w ]*\]' ) and the catalog worked fine.

Looks like a great feature!

Hope this info helps someone else.....

Lynn
Old 01-31-2010, 05:42 PM   #75
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Could someone please post the exact regex I am supposed to insert - no unnecessary brackets, ' ' or anything because I am seeing so many different versions of what to put in there...

This is my most recent log:

Spoiler:

Generate catalog
path_to_output: c:\docume~1\user\locals~1\temp\calibre_0.6.35_qul3 r9_catalog_out.epub
opts:
exclude_genre: [[\w ]*\]
exclude_tags:
ids: [192, 187, 14, 21, 73, 60, 71, 68, 12, 69, 154, 24, 30, 41, 132, 55, 131, 15, 39, 1, 128, 120, 190, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 40, 38, 91, 56, 85, 6, 8, 96, 17, 54, 46, 64, 51, 52, 43, 4, 19, 84, 175, 174, 97, 59, 65, 2, 20, 90, 178, 94, 150, 179, 100, 183, 165, 181, 185, 180, 167, 182, 18, 47, 191, 48, 117, 118, 29, 176, 77, 42, 32, 177, 11, 79, 78, 3, 5, 141, 106, 107, 143, 109, 142, 111, 115, 112, 145, 156, 105, 153, 22, 50, 83, 10, 35, 53, 157, 33, 37, 88, 44, 76, 23, 25, 66, 13, 72, 63, 36, 49, 62, 7, 119, 129, 70, 138, 135, 134, 136, 140, 139, 137, 133]
note_tag:
read_tag:
0% fetchBooksByTitle()
7% fetchBooksByAuthor()
38% generateHTMLByTags()
46% generateThumbnails()
updating thumbnail_default for My Books
53% generateOPF()
61% generateNCXHeader()
76% generateNCXByTitle()
92% generateNCXByTags()

Dammit, it was working fine til I tried that . thing.

Last edited by Pushka; 01-31-2010 at 05:47 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
book catalog