Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > BeBook

Notices

Old 11-03-2009, 08:30 PM   #1
laurai
Biblophibian
laurai began at the beginning.

Device: (BeBook mini - dead) Kindle 3
BeBook mini charging

So, I think I have decided to get the BeBook mini, they finally have covers for sale (in pretty colours ) and they have brought the price down. (if the V5 comes in stock before I hit the button I will probably get that but the waiting is getting to me, I am such a now person) However, they still don't include a wall charger in the basic package. Does anyone here know if there is anything odd about the BeBook charger or if an ordinary USB wall charger like I have already will do the trick? I have trouble imagining why anyone would alter the standard USB but I have heard that the International Kindles need special plugs.

Thanks,
Laura
laurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:34 PM   #2
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
I have an Astak Pocket Pro (same as the Bebook mini). A standard USB charger works fine.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2009, 09:36 AM   #3
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I use either the charger I got with my HTC phone or my Sonim phone. Both have mini-usb plugs and work perfectly.

The Kindle has a micro-usb plug, from what I understand. And the Kindle ships with an American socket enabled charger, and they have those weird square "feet"...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:04 AM   #4
matthias
Enthusiast
matthias has a spectacular aura aboutmatthias has a spectacular aura aboutmatthias has a spectacular aura aboutmatthias has a spectacular aura aboutmatthias has a spectacular aura aboutmatthias has a spectacular aura aboutmatthias has a spectacular aura aboutmatthias has a spectacular aura aboutmatthias has a spectacular aura aboutmatthias has a spectacular aura aboutmatthias has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Does the HTC-phone-Charger work with the PRS505, and some others that charge on the pc, too?

Edit: Silly question, since it uses the mini-USB plug and charges while being connected to the pc it should work properly.

Last edited by matthias; 11-04-2009 at 10:06 AM.
matthias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 07:13 PM   #5
laurai
Biblophibian
laurai began at the beginning.

Device: (BeBook mini - dead) Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I use either the charger I got with my HTC phone or my Sonim phone. Both have mini-usb plugs and work perfectly.

The Kindle has a micro-usb plug, from what I understand. And the Kindle ships with an American socket enabled charger, and they have those weird square "feet"...
Ah, good! I have a HTC charger, so I will be able to use that.

I took the plunge, now I can't wait until it arrives!

Laura
laurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert