Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 05-08-2011, 03:47 PM   #1
Fredster
Fredster began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Sweet Dreams: the tale of a boy who can bring objects out of his dreams

Hi all,

My 6k-word short story "Sweet Dreams" is now available for Kindle for $0.99:

Kyle Maddox awakens one morning to discover he has an amazing new ability: the power to bring physical items back from his dreams...and he can control what he dreams about with the books he reads.

(coming very soon for Nook)
Fredster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 03:51 PM   #2
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Interesting. I could imagine how something like that could go wrong. You should expand on it if possible.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 03:59 PM   #3
Fredster
Fredster began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks for the feedback, crich70. I'm struggling with the blurb as we speak. The problem is, with only 6000 words to play with, it's hard to come up with anything that doesn't give many spoilers.

How about:

Kyle Maddox woke up this morning with an amazing new gift: the power to bring physical items back from his dreams. The only problem is, his stepfather Jared knows about it, and wants to use Kyle's ability for his own benefit.

Now Kyle is forced to make a decision that will change their lives forever.

Last edited by Fredster; 05-08-2011 at 04:05 PM.
Fredster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:39 AM   #4
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Pretty good, but I meant the actual story. For example: You could have him lose control of one of his dream creations and have chaos result which could lead to him trying to control the situation with another dream creation that doesn't quite work out the way he planned leading to even more chaos.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote