Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 03-31-2011, 09:05 PM   #16
borisb
Addict
borisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it is

Device: enTourage eDGe, Pocket eDGe, Kobo Vox, Kobo Touch, Asus Eee Note
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamaguynotagirl View Post
just saying hello here...
A flurry by any other name...
borisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:40 PM   #17
HardBall
HardBall began at the beginning.

Device: nook, entourage edge
Ohhhh, NOs!!
HardBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2011, 07:39 AM   #18
sarah11918
Tablet Enthusiast
sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura One (formerly: Asus Eee Note, enTourage eDGe EE, Nokia N810)
Quote:
Awesome user name.
sarah11918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:53 PM   #19
borisb
Addict
borisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it is

enTourage has now pulled its Community Blogs, Press Releases and In the News pages. These are no longer available.

Make of this what you will.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:57 PM   #20
ubergeek
ubergeek began at the beginning.

Device: ubergeek4l@gmail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
enTourage has now pulled its Community Blogs, Press Releases and In the News pages. These are no longer available.

Make of this what you will.
It was a fun ride...
ubergeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2011, 03:41 PM   #21
glow
Book and Gadget Fan
glow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nooks GL3, ST w/GL, Color, HD+; Kindles Voyage & Paperwhite; PE, EE
Well, they were very out of date...
glow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 03:43 PM   #22
borisb
Addict

It's as if enTourage is wiping out all records that the EE or PE even existed... Why would a company do that???
Old 04-01-2011, 04:31 PM   #23
STL Droid
STL Droid began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
Just a thought, but I saw this happen once before when someone else bought a technology company to use the concepts for another product. It's like a Philip K Dick novel, you just modify the past...
STL Droid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 02:05 PM   #24
LoneKiltedNinja
LoneKiltedNinja began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franky View Post
yup, it looks like it's over. a bit the same as with IREX. a super ereader and suddenly the company was down the drain.
Could be worse- I contemplated iRex and then they went under. Had to settle for an eBay iLliad rather than a new iLliad 2. Hence grabbing an eDGe from the source as soon as I heard about it. I guess I accidentally contemplated Entourage somewhere in there as well, in spite of my best efforts to impulse-buy >.<

Edit: Coming from my own patent-obsessed branch of the tech industry, I half wonder if iRex and Entourage are less of a coincidence than first appears. I wouldn't be surprised if combining e-paper and stylus-input is such a good idea that someone is being an IP-@$$ about it and while the big players like Sony know enough to pre-cripple their stylus input to only do hilighting and thus avoid IP issues, the small guys who have the great idea to actually do a useful drawing-type e-paper input get sued, blackmailed, or otherwise legally drop-kicked behind the scenes by whomever has the patent and wants to see more money out of it than the small guys are worth...

Last edited by LoneKiltedNinja; 04-02-2011 at 02:14 PM.
LoneKiltedNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 05:54 PM   #25
borisb
Addict

I found a surprising number of dual-LCD devices today that were announced back at CES 2011 or in the few months before and after - NEC, MSI, Acer, etc.

Perhaps the eInk + LCD configuration is somehow locked by enTourage, and one of these players wants in. That would be great, as these are much larger companies that will be able to bring much better resources to bear. However, I'm 99% sure none of these companies will care about their customer service as much as the CEO/President and staff of enTourage did.
Old 04-02-2011, 06:30 PM   #26
guyjack
guyjack began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
Talking

Quote:
No SNOW here in New Mexico! How are you doing Mr. guynotagirl!
guyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 01:33 PM   #27
inkyfantastic
inkyfantastic began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge, Pocket Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneKiltedNinja View Post
Edit: Coming from my own patent-obsessed branch of the tech industry, I half wonder if iRex and Entourage are less of a coincidence than first appears. I wouldn't be surprised if combining e-paper and stylus-input is such a good idea that someone is being an IP-@$$ about it and while the big players like Sony know enough to pre-cripple their stylus input to only do hilighting and thus avoid IP issues, the small guys who have the great idea to actually do a useful drawing-type e-paper input get sued, blackmailed, or otherwise legally drop-kicked behind the scenes by whomever has the patent and wants to see more money out of it than the small guys are worth...
How would this affect the Asus eee Note in that case? Or perhaps Asus is the IP owner of stylus input, although I didn't think so...
inkyfantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 02:16 PM   #28
beachwanderer
-
beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Some
Quote:
Perhaps the eInk + LCD configuration is somehow locked by enTourage, and one of these players wants in. That would be great, as these are much larger companies that will be able to bring much better resources to bear.
Interesting thought. But that implies that eInk is seen as a vialble tech by one of the larger companies (aside from Sony) who didn't consider the e-reader market too important up until now. I doubt that any of those would go down this route and suspect they would believe that any monochrome display is sufficient.

Quote:
However, I'm 99% sure none of these companies will care about their customer service as much as the CEO/President and staff of enTourage did.
Agreed.

By the way, I did stay away from taking the plunge to try the update until now but I have to say a big and greets to all those who tried already and reported on their impressions in the Ermine-threads over at enTourage forum!

I guess I'll try it tomorrow, if I can find the time for the necessary precautions ...
beachwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 06:17 PM   #29
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
I'm still optimistic that we are seeing the evolution of a company, rather than its total destruction. Whether the great customer care will continue is another question.

So, if a big (bigger) company is about to acquire our beloved EnTourage and the eDGe technology, who do you think would be the best fit??

Discuss!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 02:31 PM   #30
beachwanderer
-
beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Some
Well, well.

Either all the people trying to download Ermine bring the server down or its over for now: When I tried to connect to entourageedge.com just now all I got was
Quote:
The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable.
Please try again later.
Certainly.
beachwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote