Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-02-2012, 01:07 AM   #121
kkc0923
kkc0923 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXg
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
You don't need Openwith if your system has the default handler for Zip set to open with your program. Go to Preferences: Behavior: Scroll down and remove the tick next to Zip on the 'Use Internal Viewer' list.
Note, this will always send ALL Zips to the external viewer(?)
Oh, sorry. In my pc, zip file is linked with winrar. So I want to handle zip file as book only in calibre. Openwith can do this?
kkc0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:18 AM   #122
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkc0923 View Post
Oh, sorry. In my pc, zip file is linked with winrar. So I want to handle zip file as book only in calibre. Openwith can do this?
ZIP is just a container. Anything (file wise ) can be inside. If you open (view) the contents of a ZIP, the just sit there, just like any other folder. You need to select a file and that files handler prevails.

EPUB is a specially crafted Zip the EPUB viewers know what to do with those carefully placed pieces.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:17 AM   #123
ElizabethN
reader, ebook junkie
ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: droid, kindle, kobo, eslick, sony
I'm about to reveal my huge programming ignorance.

I tried to add Java Mobi Meta Editor to the customization and got this when I tried to use it -

Spoiler:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.open_with.action", line 167, in open_with
File "calibre_plugins.open_with.action", line 189, in launch_app
File "subprocess.py", line 672, in __init__
File "subprocess.py", line 882, in _execute_child
WindowsError: [Error 193] %1 is not a valid Win32 application

Does the plugin work with java programs (.jar) or is it only for windows programs (.exe)? Do I need to figure out a path to the program that goes through the C:\Program Files\...

program is - https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=165729 ,
link to source code is https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...3&postcount=42

thanks
ElizabethN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 04:32 PM   #124
cecdc7731
cecdc7731 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
JavaEXE

I used JavaExe and it allowed me to open MobiMetaEditor using Open With plug-in. There are still a few kinks that I am trying to work out as far as getting the mobi file to open up directly in the program but it's a start and it was fairly simple.
cecdc7731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:51 AM   #125
ElizabethN
reader, ebook junkie
ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

thanks, will give javaexe a try
Old 06-02-2012, 01:11 PM   #126
ElizabethN
reader, ebook junkie

I got the combination of MobiMetaEditor.jar and MobiMetaEditor.exe (JavaExe.exe) to work outside of calibre. But using the combo in "open with" I have not been able to open the selected file or select any file at all. The combo works but all I get is a blank editing screen that apparently can't find the file to be edited and won't let me choose the file either.

In order to link the specific file and the program, I'm sure that I'm just missing a step or two but haven't been able to figure out what .

Any help would be appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MME open with.jpg
Views:	493
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	87216   Click image for larger version

Name:	MME.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	206.8 KB
ID:	87217  
Old 06-04-2012, 09:40 AM   #127
cecdc7731
cecdc7731 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Kinks

That is the kink I have been trying to work out. No luck yet, but if you go to the open menu and choose manually, it does allow you to open your mobi book for editing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizabethN View Post
I got the combination of MobiMetaEditor.jar and MobiMetaEditor.exe (JavaExe.exe) to work outside of calibre. But using the combo in "open with" I have not been able to open the selected file or select any file at all. The combo works but all I get is a blank editing screen that apparently can't find the file to be edited and won't let me choose the file either.

In order to link the specific file and the program, I'm sure that I'm just missing a step or two but haven't been able to figure out what .

Any help would be appreciated.
cecdc7731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:00 PM   #128
french imp
french imp began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
open with bug with accented characters

Hi,
I have posted my problem in another thread but I understand it belongs here. Open With doesn't work on my system (windows 7, 0.8.60).

I have the unidecode error because Calibre puts my books in a directory called "Bibliothèque Calibre" with a horrible French 'accent grave' in it.

Problem is if I change the name of the directory, Calibre recreates this directory and puts the books in there. Calibre apparently loves those horrendous French accents... but 'open with' doesn't. Fact of the matter is I love them too, half of my books are full of them, many authors have them in their names and I also read books in Spanish which has uncouth diacritics as well. If I am to renounce something it will be 'open with' and not these beloved unenglish shibboleths...

Still I'd really love to have a working 'open with' extension because it seems great.

Cheers

French Imp
french imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:45 PM   #129
french imp

open with bug workaround

Hi, I've solved my problems by moving the calibre library to a different directory at the root of my hard disk (I just found this Calibre feature). Not entirely satisfactory because I prefer that kind of data to be in a user directory whose path has accented characters. Still, now "open with" works so for the time being I'm reasonably happy. However I think it would be nice to correct this bug so that people can organize their documents in their own way.

Cheers

French Imp
Old 07-20-2012, 08:33 AM   #130
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@French Imp - as you found the issue is with the path to your library, not the books themselves. If you look at how calibre names an author folder/book you will see it removes all accents and diactrics.

As for the "bug" of requiring users to move their libraries if they have a folder like yours - it is a problem with Python 2.x on Windows according to Kovid. He has suggested another way of tackling the problem for Windows users so I'll see how far I get with that. It hasn't been a high priority - you are the second user to mention it in 18 months of the plugin existing and with a known workaround I've had other priorities. As I said I will take a look into it...
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:15 AM   #131
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Beta for next version

Ok, here is a version with a new way of launching processes (the change is for Windows users only - the Linux/MacOS launching is unchanged).

Could some people please give it a whirl for me before I release it? I've tried launching Sigil under XP on paths both with and without non-ascii characters in it and it works fine. However maybe someone out there is using Open With in a more "funky" situation with your own executable/args. Or maybe you are running under Vista/Win7 in a non-admin account - please confirm that this release works for you.

Last edited by kiwidude; 07-20-2012 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Removed attachment - beta had a bug, please re-download!
Old 07-20-2012, 02:53 PM   #132
kiwidude

v1.5.3 Released

Changes in this release:
  • For Windows users use Win32 API rather than subprocess due to Python bug causing issues for users with non-ascii library paths

To the couple of you that tried the beta - please force another download of this plugin as I had to make a change for the official release but the version number is the same.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:03 PM   #133
french imp

Hi Kiwidude,

Thanks a lot for your answers and for working on this problem so quickly. I'll try the new version if I can, it's the least I can do! I agree that it's not a crucial issue and I'm all the more grateful for your efforts. I'll let you know if it works for me.

Cheers

French Imp
Old 07-20-2012, 05:18 PM   #134
french imp

Hi Kiwidude

Shorter version : it works!
Longer version : I have updated 'open with' and I have put my library back into the directory with accents in its name, and now the extension works. My system is Windows 7 Edition Familiale Service Pack 1, running as Administrator.

Thanks a lot again

French Imp
Old 08-14-2012, 03:25 PM   #135
kiwidude

v1.5.4 Released

Changes in this release:
  • For Mac users support running shell scripts (contribution by Griker)

Tags
conversion, kepubify