Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 10-26-2010, 04:11 PM   #1
aggiegirl92
aggiegirl92 began at the beginning.

Device: Micro Cruz R103
Live Blogging by Engadget for Nook Color Debut

I'm following this now. Thought I'd share!

http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/26/l...est&refresh=60
aggiegirl92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 04:12 PM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Good, now it's in both places.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2010, 04:18 PM   #3
DiamondDave
Enthusiast
DiamondDave began at the beginning.

Device: nook
It's LCD.
DiamondDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 04:20 PM   #4
lionel47
Addict
lionel47 doesn't litterlionel47 doesn't litter

Device: B&N Nook, Nook Color
I'm checking it out on the B&N site. At this mpoint, the make or break for me is the screen. I'm disappointed it's an LCD but it says it is easy to read in daylight. We'll see.
lionel47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 04:24 PM   #5
Oletros
Connoisseur
Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle NT
Read for up to 8 hours***** without recharging with wireless off.

Fail
Oletros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2010, 04:25 PM   #6
cypresstwist
Nooking in Romania
cypresstwist doesn't littercypresstwist doesn't littercypresstwist doesn't litter

Device: Nook WiFi
* A portable tablet and an e-reader in one! It’s an “entirely new product category.”
* First device to offer over 100 newspapers and magazines in full color.
* It’s coming November 19th for $249.
* Highlights, notes, sharing (with contacts, Facebook, Twitter), and a search option.
* The screen, “Vivid View” from LG. 16 million colors. “We invested in a full lamination screen film technology.” Maximizes readability of backlit LCD while minimizing glare.
* 8.1 x 5.0 x 0.48 inches in dimension. 15.6 ounces weight.
* Will hold six thousand books out of the box. There’s also a microSD slot and what looks to be its corner handle.
* The library is organized by books, magazines, newspapers. You can sort yourself as well, and view your own files (music, images).
cypresstwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 04:28 PM   #7
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
How is this an entirly new product line? I can't wait for the IPad Nook 2 comparisons to start. (eye roll)

It sounds like a nice gadget but it is not what I would want in an e-reader. Yes I know, I love my Kindle, but I was kind of hoping that the Nook 2 would be something that would challenge Amazon to make some massive leap in the e-reader department. Instead we get an LCD, backlit, tablet.

Ah well.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 04:29 PM   #8
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This Nook is NOT designed for avid readers. It's aimed for casual readers and people who want an inexpensive tablet to access net content.

It looks to be a hot item this holiday season.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:32 PM   #9
mopping five
Enthusiast
mopping five doesn't littermopping five doesn't litter

Device: nook
ProfCrash, I think they mean entirely new to them.
mopping five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 04:32 PM   #10
Oletros
Connoisseur
Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle NT
Still USA only
Oletros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 04:36 PM   #11
McNutt
McNutt can extract oil from cheeseMcNutt can extract oil from cheeseMcNutt can extract oil from cheeseMcNutt can extract oil from cheeseMcNutt can extract oil from cheeseMcNutt can extract oil from cheeseMcNutt can extract oil from cheeseMcNutt can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3
This thing is pretty flashy, but unfortunately most of us on this board don't really want all the flash. Hopefully they'll continue to advance their e-ink product. I'd hate to see them abandon that technology completely.
McNutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 04:38 PM   #12
detayls
Addict
detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, Kindle Voyage
This is going to sell like gangbusters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
How is this an entirly new product line? I can't wait for the IPad Nook 2 comparisons to start. (eye roll)
Ah well.
It's only $250 - there's no real comparison. They are two different things.

detayls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 04:43 PM   #13
bmatt
Enthusiast
bmatt began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by detayls View Post

Sure there is, the cruz tablet is out there, same thing essentially, maybe it is $299.99 right now, but it boasts 10+ hour battery life. This does bring a possible mass market low end android tablet, but I am going to assume the processor is unimpressive and performance compared to other tablets, Galaxy iPad etc, will be very poor for general use. Hopefully I'm wrong.

EDIT: The $299.99 version is the tablet aimed version, $199.99 for their reader aimed version. Less internal storage, but it has SD expansion.

Last edited by bmatt; 10-26-2010 at 04:45 PM.
bmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 04:44 PM   #14
lionel47
Addict
lionel47 doesn't litterlionel47 doesn't litter

Device: B&N Nook, Nook Color
Quote:

I think you're right. I'm an e-Ink fan but the functionality I just saw in their demos videos might change my mind. However, it all comes down to screen legibility for me.
lionel47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 04:46 PM   #15
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Exactly!