Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-15-2013, 12:48 PM   #1
MartyTX
Dedicated
MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 1 & 4, Nook ST, Dell 11-3000, iPhone 5s
An extra HTML when Catalog is created?

Hello GRiker,

Noticed something odd when I ran a Catalog today.

For Author and Title, the last HTML generated contains the contents of the two preceding HTML's. For example:

ByAlphaAuthor_split_023.html contains "William P. Young - The Shack"
ByAlphaAuthor_split_024.html contains "David Zimmerman - Caring is Creepy"
ByAlphaAuthor_split_025.html contains BOTH of the above Authors and Titles; Y & Z author last names are combined.

The same things occurs with the last ByAlphaTitle_split_0xx.html; the two preceding book titles are combined.

I just noticed this; don't know if this has been happening for a while, or if it's something new. Currently running calibre 0.9.22.

I created a new TEMP library with just a few books and the phenomenon replicated.

Please give it a try on your PC and let me know if I have a localized glitch or if a minor bug has managed to creep into Catalog.

Thanks,

Marty
MartyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:04 PM   #2
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I will take a look when I have a chance.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2013, 07:25 AM   #3
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
MartyTX, I'm not seeing this behavior with my test catalog. I'd like to try replicating the problem with your TEMP catalog. You can either zip the metadata.db file from that library and post it here, or PM it to me, or create a ticket with the metadata.db file attached.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:35 AM   #4
MartyTX
Dedicated
MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

SOLVED!

G,

I must have had a "bad" installation of 0.9.22 calibre. Just updated to 0.9.23 and the problem was "magically" cured!

Sorry for wasting your time.

Regards,
Marty

Last edited by MartyTX; 03-16-2013 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Update to 0.9.23 fixed problem!
Old 03-16-2013, 10:25 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyTX View Post
G,

I must have had a "bad" installation of 0.9.22 calibre. Just updated to 0.9.23 and the problem was "magically" cured!

Sorry for wasting your time.

Regards,
Marty
Marty, this may have been a Calibre (Conversion) problem. I have seen it 2 times on fairly recent Format conversions.
It seems to be the Last (x)HTML file and looking at the code (in Sigil), they are not quite identical
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2013, 11:23 AM   #6
MartyTX
Dedicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Marty, this may have been a Calibre (Conversion) problem. I have seen it 2 times on fairly recent Format conversions.
It seems to be the Last (x)HTML file and looking at the code (in Sigil), they are not quite identical
theducks,

Thanks for the response. Maybe I'm not that crazy after all!

Marty