Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-26-2011, 04:04 AM   #16
drMerry
Addict
drMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmos

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaapje82 View Post
Anything on the automatically filled in language? Can I turn that off?
At this moment added books do get a language automatically.
There is a bug in calibre that gives the set language for books where no language could be defined.
This bug should be fixed in the next release today.

For users that do have a personal column you could ease migration in 2 ways things in this way.
  • PLEASE READ ALSO THE LAST STEP
    1. If your naming matches the naming used in calibre:
      • Make sure you set calibre to the language used in your personal language-column
      • Select all books with the column set
        • Search: #language:true (assumed #language is the search of your personal column)
      • mass edit metadata
        last tab:
        to: language

All languages will be copied (assumed you named them the same way as calibre does and separated multiple languages with a ,)
      • PLEASE NOTE: There is a bug that sees lowercase languages as wrong input.
        This should also be fixed in the next release today, so you'd better wait with this option to try it this weekend with an updated calibre.
    2. If you have set you'r languages in an other way, or want some more control
      • Select your books per language.
        • If you put your language-column on your tag-browser, expand it and click on one of the languages.
        • You can also use the search function #language:"=MY DEFINED LANGUAGE"
      • Mass edit your books
      • Set the language you want to be set on tab one
  • Take an extra look at books you set multiple languages. Look if the books do have multiple languages set (separated by ,) in the language column (set this column and your "#language" column to visible)
  • When the language and the #language column match, you can remove the info from #language (optionally)
    • To update all data set in books:
      • search (assumed #language is your personal column):
        #language:true
        (be sure the search option is set to restrict, not hi-lighting)
      • select all books (ctrl+a)
      • Mass edit
      • Personal tab -> make sure the box next to your language column is empty and check the update box next to it
      • press ok
  • remove your personal column
ONCE MORE, there are some bugs that should be fixed in the release of today, so you could wait with the described steps, or just leave your personal column for a day to be sure you do not loose information.

Last edited by drMerry; 08-26-2011 at 04:09 AM.
drMerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:43 PM   #17
adove
adove began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Change languages entries from linquistics to programming code

I am a computer programmer and am not interested in the entries currently in the languages drop-down. I would like to replace them all with more relevant choices, such as: HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, etc.

Plus, how can I add custom data to the Series drop down? I would like to fill it with category choices, such as: SharePoint, Graphic Design, UI, UX, etc.

Thanks,
Alex
adove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:03 PM   #18
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by adove View Post
I am a computer programmer and am not interested in the entries currently in the languages drop-down. I would like to replace them all with more relevant choices, such as: HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, etc.

Plus, how can I add custom data to the Series drop down? I would like to fill it with category choices, such as: SharePoint, Graphic Design, UI, UX, etc.

Thanks,
Alex
Series is not preset (out of the box, there are no entries in the hint table).
You type in the Series... BUT

I really think you want hierarchical (see help to enable this for 'Tags') tags

IS_Languages.HTML
IS_Languages.C++
IS_Languages.Cobol
IS_Languages.Java
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:26 PM   #19
XrXca
Avid Reader
XrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura about

Device: Auro H2O, Kobo Glo x 2, Asus Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by adove View Post

Thanks,
Alex
I'd think a custom column for programming language might be a better choice than changing the languages column after all it would be perfectly valid for a book on programming in c++ to be written in German...

Take a look at preferences/add your own columns.

Either that, or just add it to the tags. This is what I do in my technical library, that way your not limited, when you get a pdf that is documentation for something a bit more obscure you can handle it without having to change your schema.
XrXca is offline   Reply With Quote