Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-13-2022, 11:14 PM   #1
bookish_1
bookish_1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Nia
Unhappy Sideloading a book via email -> iOS -> eReader?

Hi there,

I can load books onto my Nia while connected to my laptop. But sometimes I'm traveling and I only want to carry my phone, not my laptop.

I primarily use sideloaded books (DRM-free ePubs).

I thought, based on the documentation, that I would be able to follow the following steps:

1. Download DRM-free ePub onto my iPhone.
2. Open the ePub in the Kobo iOS app.
3. Then the Kobo iOS app would sync this ePub onto my eReader (the Kobo Nia).

Step 3 appears to not be happening.

Is there any way to sideload books to a Kobo *without* using a laptop?

Thanks.
bookish_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 12:24 AM   #2
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
You can try and add Dropbox support to your Nia. Take a look at this thread for some guidance https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=344661

Then just send the book from your phone to Dropbox and grab it on your Nia.

Your step 3 is not intended to be a function of the device just as a heads up.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2022, 06:14 AM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
File transfer via USB using USB2Go->USB A adaptor and USB-A to mini/micro/USB-C works for all ereaders using USB Mass Storage (like Nia) on any Android device that can read/write a USB memory stick. Works on my Android 4 ancient Sony-Ericsson phone, my android 5 & 6 phones and my Android 10 Tablet.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 09:05 AM   #4
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
File transfer via USB using USB2Go->USB A adaptor and USB-A to mini/micro/USB-C works for all ereaders using USB Mass Storage (like Nia) on any Android device that can read/write a USB memory stick. Works on my Android 4 ancient Sony-Ericsson phone, my android 5 & 6 phones and my Android 10 Tablet.
This can be done with an iPhone as well, which is great, since that's the device that the OP has.

https://support.apple.com/guide/ipho...h95baac91f/ios

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ios, sideload