Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old 07-16-2022, 07:34 AM   #1
piboy.kumar
piboy.kumar began at the beginning.

Device: none
Post Mobile Calibre reader which supports annotation?

Hello everyone!

I use Calibre content server from a docker and it works fine.
I always use my laptop to read/annotate.

Some how reading the same on ios device is not easy. Accessing it in ios Safari - the page moves when I try to annotate or moves to next section etc...

It is not as friendly as the laptop browser.

So I want to know is there any setup/settings that I miss?

Or is there an ios- app that supports Calibre Content Server ( like syncing the annotation/highlight) back to the server?

Also any idea if using a kindle ereader - helps in annotation/highlight?

Thank you!
piboy.kumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 10:51 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
what version of iOS is this?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2022, 09:03 AM   #3
piboy.kumar
piboy.kumar began at the beginning.

Device: none
Sorry Kovid - some how I didnt get notification.
It was ios 15.5 - I just updated to 15.6
piboy.kumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 12:04 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Tap and hold without moving your finger, then you will be able to annotate. Its important not to shake your finger after it touches the screen otherwise it might be interpreted as a swipe or tap changing the page.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
annotation, calibre, highlight, ios