Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 12-25-2020, 10:44 AM   #1
seannymurrs
seannymurrs began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone X, iPad Pro (10.5")
Question Continuous scrolling in iOS Kindle app (for side loaded books)?

I tend to read my ebooks on the Kindle app (I prefer the layout), and I usually send them to the app either through the iOS files app (if it's already a mobi file) or via the Send EPUB to Kindle website. The only issue is none of the books I load either of these ways seem to support continuous scrolling. From looking around the interwebs, it sounds like this is because that feature isn't supported for mobi files. Is there any way to sideload books in another format to the iOS Kindle app, or am I stuck without continuous scrolling unless I want to switch apps?
seannymurrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 04:09 PM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Continuous scrolling only works for books in KFX format.

I have had success sideloading KFX files to the Kindle for iOS app using iTunes. You cannot send them via email or using the Files app.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 03:31 PM   #3
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Continuous scrolling only works for books in KFX format.

I have had success sideloading KFX files to the Kindle for iOS app using iTunes. You cannot send them via email or using the Files app.
Finder should let you do this on macOS (iTunes is not in latest versions), but I have never tried it.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 07:07 AM   #4
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
The iOS Books app offers "vertical scrolling." The app isn't that great as far as other options, but it does offer scrolling.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 11:18 AM   #5
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Immersion Reading now works in Continuous Scrolling mode.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ios, kindle, scrolling