Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-10-2010, 06:58 PM   #1
damiensmunki
damiensmunki began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, iPhone, K3
Lord of the Rings: 50th Anniversary Edition from Sony Reader Store

Hi, all -

I'd like to pick up Lord of the Rings from the Sony store, but one of the reviews says the Index isn't "active," which I take to mean the links don't work. Has anyone purchased this book from the Sony store? Can you confirm there are no functioning links between the narrative and the index? Thanks for any help!

Rob
damiensmunki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 07:23 PM   #2
Jan J
Enthusiast
Jan J has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jan J has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jan J has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jan J has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jan J has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS600
I'm not quite sure what this means. I did purchase this and am able to go to different chapters by tapping index listings(I have the Sony 600). It's sensitive and I need to use the stylus rather than my finger but I was able to go to different chapters in different books. If this is what you are referring to, it works for me.

Last edited by Jan J; 07-10-2010 at 07:26 PM.
Jan J is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2010, 07:35 PM   #3
damiensmunki

I mean that certain terms and locations in the narrative should be linked, so you can click them and go directly to their index entries. For example, the phrase "shire-reckoning" in the "Concerning Hobbits" section of the prologue should be linked to an index entry discussing the subject. I know this because I have the Kindle version, but I no longer use my Kindle and would like to own an ePub version. Thanks for any help!
Old 07-11-2010, 05:24 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan J View Post
I'm not quite sure what this means. I did purchase this and am able to go to different chapters by tapping index listings(I have the Sony 600). It's sensitive and I need to use the stylus rather than my finger but I was able to go to different chapters in different books. If this is what you are referring to, it works for me.
Are you sure you're talking about the index, and not the table of contents?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 09:45 AM   #5
damiensmunki

I should have said appendix, rather than index, but no... I'm not talking about the table of contents. Clicking "shire-reckoning" in the example I mentioned takes me to "The Annals of the Kings and Rulers," which is Appendix A, which is around the 80% mark of the book. Now that I realize my confusion of terms, there's most likely no problem. The reviewer was specifically talking about the index, which is not linked int he Kindle edition. I was concerned about the appendices, which are linked.

Last edited by damiensmunki; 07-11-2010 at 09:50 AM.
Advert
Old 07-11-2010, 12:44 PM   #6
Jan J
Enthusiast
Jan J has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jan J has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jan J has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jan J has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jan J has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS600
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Are you sure you're talking about the index, and not the table of contents?
My bad!! Sorry.
Jan J is offline   Reply With Quote