Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 08-18-2008, 11:01 AM   #1
Arnold23
Arnold23 began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
Mobipocket cover (Page 0) and iLiad

Hi to all,
I own an iLiad and I've got a problem with mobipocket ebooks for which I haven't found any solution by searching in the forum.
When I open any mobipocket ebook in the iLiad (for example "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea" from Feedbooks, but it's the same with many other ebooks) I can't find any way to make iLiad displaying "Page 0", which is the one with the cover picture; every time it starts by showing the TOC of the book.
I found elsewhere in the forum how to extract the cover and make it displayed as an icon in the content lister, but I haven't found anything about this problem, so I don't know if I'm doing some mistake.

Could you please help me?

Thanks!

A.
Arnold23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 06:13 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
This is a problem with many recent MOBI ebooks. Older MOBIs (PRCs) did not have a guide item for the cover page but instead simply embedded it into the HTML at the start of the document. Newer MOBIs do have a separate guide item for the cover page, but many of them no longer embed the image in the HTML. This makes the cover image unreachable on the iLiad.

The long term fix is for iRex to add a cover page option. It would also be better, in most cases, for publishers to embed the cover image in the primary flow of the ebook as well as specifying it as a guide item.

FBReader, on all machines, has the same problem (no way to display the cover image) as the Java MobiPocket Reader on the iLiad. I have filed a bug report, so this will get fixed at some point.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2008, 11:02 AM   #3
Arnold23

Thank you very much for your answer!

A
Old 08-19-2008, 11:38 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Does it not work on the iLiad to go to page 1 and then do a page back? That works to display the cover on other versions of the Mobipocket Reader.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 11:59 AM   #5
Arnold23

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Does it not work on the iLiad to go to page 1 and then do a page back?
Nope, I also tried this method but it doesn't work. It seems like iLiad just ignore the existense of the Cover Section
Advert
Old 08-19-2008, 12:06 PM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Oh well - just a thought. Sorry that it didn't work.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, iliad, mobipocket