Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-04-2012, 01:36 AM   #1
ernbrdn
ernbrdn began at the beginning.

Device: None
Kobo wifi reader sync

I'm trying to determine why my kobo reader syncs every single book I own when updating my library. With a large collection this takes forever and makes the ability to sync bookmarks useless. Is there a setting that I am missing somewhere or maybe a database is corrupted? Thanks.
ernbrdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:53 AM   #2
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ernbrdn View Post
I'm trying to determine why my kobo reader syncs every single book I own when updating my library. With a large collection this takes forever and makes the ability to sync bookmarks useless. Is there a setting that I am missing somewhere or maybe a database is corrupted? Thanks.
Are you perchance signing out of your Kobo account at any point? Signing out and then back in will cause it to redownload your entire library.
If not: are you syncing via the desktop or wifi?
Could be a database corruption issue somewhere.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2012, 04:20 PM   #3
ernbrdn
ernbrdn began at the beginning.

Device: None
I don't think I'm signing out at anytime. I'm strictly using the iPhone app and my kobo wifi. When I "update library" on my e-reader it starts syncing every single book I own. Takes forever. I don't even use the desktop app since I am unable to read comfortably on my laptop.
ernbrdn is offline   Reply With Quote