Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 12-28-2011, 02:21 AM   #16
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
Alex, is this your normal way of doing a transfer? I'm not sure where you are doing it *from*. Is there a particular application you are sending from? Its just that I'm not really understanding why you could possibly be having issues.

I transfer all books via the drag and drop method, or "Add", under Apps on the device itself, when a device is connected... and have not ever had a circle/bar... I can even drag and drop files I know to be incompatible with a particular application and still cant get the circle/bar.

I see from your later posts that you can now drag and drop, but I'd still like to know what the clicking on file in itunes is for??
Thanks, Kyteflyer, but that quote was from a discussion of alternate ways of transferring ebooks to the iPad - it had nothing to do with dragging and dropping.

And yes, I can now drag and drop from whatever folder my ebooks are in to the list of books that iTunes show - but only if I open iTunes first and then attach the iPad to the computer with the USB cord.

I have tried the standard method of attaching the iPad to the computer and letting iTunes open itself, and have waited until it synchronised before I try to drag and drop. But I still get the barred circle. It doesn't make any sense at all.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote