Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-07-2011, 02:09 PM   #31
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
can we calm down here. I think the only one that produced a rom other than Entourage is ptsenter. I do not think that cutting the throat of the only persons that helps is a good idea. Is all childish anyway. For yugami not to release source that may be of no good anyway, for emusan and pt senter to engage in this protracting argument that does not lead anywhere.
you better get all three of you together and get us a better rom.
Thanks guys and let move on.
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:10 PM   #32
ptsenter
Addict
ptsenter has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo eReader Wireless
Quote:
Originally Posted by emusan View Post
so... when are you planning on growing up?
If you want to say something to me it should fit in one sentence, you know that, don't you?

To answer your question: after you finish your college (if I survive that long yet) we'll check your understanding of logic.

Last edited by ptsenter; 07-07-2011 at 02:17 PM.
ptsenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2011, 02:18 PM   #33
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
all ptsenter did was copy some files into entourages update.zip, people had already tried this on the xda forums and had the same amount of success. I could have done the same with my release, but I chose to make it quicker and easier(IMO) to install and not need to do a recovery(which could have other side effects we don't know of yet). For all intents and purposes his "ROM" does the same thing my zip did.

And I agree that its completely childish and I would love to get together with other members of the community to work on this as well as the e-ink(I've already isolated some libraries and I am close to getting it to work anyway). But I REFUSE to work with someone that:

a. cannot admit when they are wrong
b. accuses someone of a serious crime when in fact that person did nothing
c. would accuse someone that has been a key person in the community
d. acts like a child and doesn't even read posts before responding
e. clearly has little to no respect for anyone

I'm sorry if the community has to suffer for that, but its not all on me.
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:25 PM   #34
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

my oh my, should I sell my Edges and just give up? I think the buyers of Edges are all of stubborn stock, isn't it?! how can we positively conclude this?
Old 07-07-2011, 02:30 PM   #35
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicinc View Post
my oh my, should I sell my Edges and just give up? I think the buyers of Edges are all of stubborn stock, isn't it?! how can we positively conclude this?
don't do that silly, I'm still going to work on it for the foreseeable future, just on my own... Yugami is a busy person and has indicated in the past that he doesn't really have much time to devote to this anyway, though he has helped a lot so far.

Also, should note, I've spoken with some friends and it turns out that the processor used in the PE has a closed source sdk that you have to license(costs a bit of money too), so don't expect 3.0 any time soon.
Advert
Old 07-07-2011, 02:56 PM   #36
vicinc
Guru

My rom bounty still stands! Hope to get my first PE unbricked as soon as I get my second working PE and cat and dd the partitions to my non working one, as I could not convinced anyone to help with this yet.
I will settle for 2.2 or 2.3 that do work, market / video (flash?) and more e-ink / lcd integration. I want positive action here not people fighting over silly things.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:01 PM   #37
emusan
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicinc View Post
My rom bounty still stands! Hope to get my first PE unbricked as soon as I get my second working PE and cat and dd the partitions to my non working one, as I could not convinced anyone to help with this yet.
I will settle for 2.2 or 2.3 that do work, market / video (flash?) and more e-ink / lcd integration. I want positive action here not people fighting over silly things.
2.3 wouldn't really be feasible, like I said, closed source SoC, so we're stuck with ermine for awhile, though we can probably do some modifications to it to make it work better. I may be able to get the sdk, but I wouldn't be able to release any source code, etc.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:34 PM   #38
muranternet
Connoisseur
muranternet began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3/Sony PRS-300/Nook Color running CM7/P eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by emusan View Post
Also, should note, I've spoken with some friends and it turns out that the processor used in the PE has a closed source sdk that you have to license(costs a bit of money too), so don't expect 3.0 any time soon.
I tried finding the SDK for the PXA168 and found this, much to my amusement:

http://www.engadget.com/2009/12/03/m...d-graphics-su/

The chip is a bit of a mystery in terms of its voltage. I read one report of someone essentially melting their uSD card and drive door. If it's the waste heat from the chip this would explain why they underclock it 33%, and maybe why the PE is such a battery pig, but since the response on the device is so slow then what exactly is it doing to justify this sort of power consumption (Certainly not "HD-quality video and 3D.")

No luck on any SDK data. What are the licensing terms? I have a feeling they're not good, as well as the terms on the aux MMX chip.
muranternet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 03:54 PM   #39
vicinc
Guru

strange decision to use close source SoC. hmm. We do not need the SDK, just a workable rom, and eventually proper recovery. I think if they have opened up and got apps developed for it they would still be here.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:01 PM   #40
emusan
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by muranternet View Post
I tried finding the SDK for the PXA168 and found this, much to my amusement:

http://www.engadget.com/2009/12/03/m...d-graphics-su/

The chip is a bit of a mystery in terms of its voltage. I read one report of someone essentially melting their uSD card and drive door. If it's the waste heat from the chip this would explain why they underclock it 33%, and maybe why the PE is such a battery pig, but since the response on the device is so slow then what exactly is it doing to justify this sort of power consumption (Certainly not "HD-quality video and 3D.")

No luck on any SDK data. What are the licensing terms? I have a feeling they're not good, as well as the terms on the aux MMX chip.
I don't really know the specifics, my friend will be back online later so I can ask him then, he works with this kinda stuff a lot.

@vicinc, lol is it really that surprising, entourage went to an absurd amount of trouble to make sure no one cracked this thing open, I think they to some degree enjoyed shooting themselves in the foot, I can't explain any other reason for it lol.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:47 PM   #41
vicinc
Guru

I think mr Asghar Mostafa has a outdated vision of what technology means. Today is not only in the hardware, but in the software and more and more on how you interact as a company with your customers and prospective customers (see Apple, Facebook, Google etc.)
Having an open approach is what made of android the biggest platform.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:52 PM   #42
vicinc
Guru

3ds is using PXA168 and something interesting http://www.impinj.com/Indy_Reader_Chip_SDK.aspx
using PXA168 and there is a sdk there for this/!?!
Old 07-07-2011, 04:59 PM   #43
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Oops!

Canceled post. Drive on by . . .

Last edited by Filark; 07-07-2011 at 05:01 PM.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 05:11 PM   #44
vicinc
Guru

our tablet is close to http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/...d-2-2-a-2.html
bluepanther thunder 7? do you think I may be on something?

Last edited by vicinc; 07-07-2011 at 05:29 PM.
Old 07-07-2011, 05:13 PM   #45
vicinc
Guru

check this! I think you need to compare our rom with this, we may find something. http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/...under-mid.html

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9ZKB80XR

and
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I7CE9SK0