Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 01-11-2012, 05:40 PM   #46
ann264
Enthusiast
ann264 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDGe
Hi Vicinc,

This is what I want to get rid of; aiMinesweeper, facebook, Froyo Email, Gmail and Latitude.
I also would like to end my Googlemail account. I have enough of one email program that is funktioning perfectly.

What do you think?
ann264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:20 PM   #47
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Ann, while I agree with most of your list, Froyo Email is part of the Ermine system install and, on my EE runs better than any other email program. I think vicinc can tell if it can be removed without harm to the system. The others should be removable without problems.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2012, 02:40 AM   #48
pictishusa
pictishusa began at the beginning.

Device: pocket edge
Hi and to tell you the truth oi havent even received the pe yet so i dont know im just trying to get a heads up so if it is still running droid 1.6 i can try and update it , what is the pablob rc3 update? i am assuming the unit is completely stock but i guess i dont know for sure, is the pablob update needed before i can do the ermine update if it is factory ?
Thanks
pictishusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:56 AM   #49
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
It is all very simple. If you get your PE in factory condition then it will have Dingo on it. From Dingo the upgrade is to Ermine - either the entourage released beta or, if you want the market, pablob's rc3.

To emphasise, pablob's rc3 is Ermine with additions and a few tweaks. You DO NOT need both.

If you want the market the you need rc3 otherwise standard Ermine beta will work.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:57 AM   #50
ann264
Enthusiast

Hi pictishusa,

Why don't you read this thread from the beginning.
Advert
Old 01-12-2012, 07:19 PM   #51
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
I think you need to keep the gmail, rest can be deleted. do backup first so can restore easily.
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:04 PM   #52
ann264
Enthusiast

Oké, I have downloaded the Titanium backup.

Be back soon.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:23 PM   #53
pictishusa

thank you, , would you be able to direct me to the pablob rc3 update? and im assuming by market you mean a application market? Is the pablob rc3 stable ?
again thank you for the help.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:32 PM   #54
pictishusa

ok sorry i see the rc3 update, same question though is it stable ? what does this update do differently than the ermine other that the market?
just curiouse.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:53 PM   #55
Yivi
Shhh I'm reading...
Yivi began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDGe - iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pictishusa View Post
ok sorry i see the rc3 update, same question though is it stable ? what does this update do differently than the ermine other that the market?
just curiouse.
Rc3 is Ermine with additions and a few tweaks. Please read this you will get all the answers to your questions.
Yivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 05:56 PM   #56
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
very stable.
ann i think froyo email is k9/
I could not install k9 until I remove it I think....
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:44 PM   #57
Mr-Fix-it
Mr-Fix-it began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge
Loopy Pocket Edge

This is my first post and I am at wits end..

I have a pocket edge I got on Woot. I can re-install Dingo on it-no problems. However after upgrading to any version of Ermine, the pocket edge reboots and keeps rebooting after it gets to the second dot.

I have tried re-running the upgrade and it goes into "Updating Software" just fine, but again after completion it reboots and keeps rebooting (loop). The only way to get the pocket edge to work again is to re-install Dingo. I have tried holding the buttons down until I see "Updating Software" but it still does the same thing.

What do I do? I have a second Pocket edge and that update worked the very first time, so I know the process I am using is correct.

Please help....
Mr-Fix-it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:57 PM   #58
Mr-Fix-it
Mr-Fix-it began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge
gapps.zip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yivi View Post
Hi Ann264
Try this one
gapps.zip

I know that the update.zip file goes on the USB stick, however I don't understand about the additional file, do you place the entire file "gapps.zip" on the USB as well or do you unzip it and add the two unzipped files to the USB?
Mr-Fix-it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 03:00 AM   #59
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Welcome Mr-Fix-it! I hope you can fix it -- your PE that refuses to update, that is.

As I understand it, you put the whole gapps.zip on the USB stick with the update.zip file. Are you using pablob's rc3 update? If so, have you unzipped his file? It contains instructions as well as the update.zip file. (Sorry if you know that already!)

Good luck!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 02:51 PM   #60
ann264
Enthusiast

Hi, Vicinc, I understand I can backup with the Titanium Backup, but how does that help me with the deliting of some items?