Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-01-2013, 07:55 AM   #901
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Extension for lower devices with KUAL now available.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...16&postcount=5

(With worked example on converting launchpad stuff)

Hope that helps someone somewhere. Feel free to rip and bundle.

Spoiler:

EDIT: Oh that pictures just not big enough... glerk! SPOILERED!
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:12 PM   #902
dave2008
Addict
dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: k3G, KDXG, AuraHD
Thanks twobob, that's a lot better than kite

I just added it to KPV's wiki.

BTW: I think I just saw HW's paper in your screenshot ;p
dave2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:27 PM   #903
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave2008 View Post
Thanks twobob, that's a lot better than kite

I just added it to KPV's wiki.

BTW: I think I just saw HW's paper in your screenshot ;p
hehehe. you caught me
Thanks for your support Dave.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:30 AM   #904
m4st3r
m4st3r began at the beginning.

Device: k3 keyboard
Sorry, but I can't figure out how to change screen rotation to landscape.

It always starts at portrait (doesn't matter which screen rotation amazon's framework is in).

Im launching using launchpad on K3. I don't see a "Change Rotation" option when pressing H. Any help would be *MUCH* appreciated.
m4st3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:14 PM   #905
dave2008
Addict
dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

the filechooser will also be in portrait mode, so if you want to rotate the screen, you need to first open a document and use `k` or `j` to rotate. For more information, please refer to help page (press `h` in document).
Old 02-09-2013, 04:09 AM   #906
jiriv
jiriv began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dx
cropping even and odd pages

Is it possible to setup PDF cropping for odd and even pages?
I have found a great program for pdf cropping http://sourceforge.net/projects/briss/ but it will be nice to be able to setup this function it in the reader.
Thanks
jiriv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:42 AM   #907
dpavlin
Connoisseur
dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.

Device: Kindle K3G and DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiriv View Post
I have found a great program for pdf cropping http://sourceforge.net/projects/briss/ but it will be nice to be able to setup this function it in the reader.
Thanks
We already have that feature: It's under shift+x (modify page bbox) and if you define just one it will be used for both odd and even pages, but if you define two of them, one on odd page and one on even they will alternate for the rest of document.
dpavlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:07 AM   #908
jiriv
jiriv began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dx
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpavlin View Post
We already have that feature: It's under shift+x (modify page bbox) and if you define just one it will be used for both odd and even pages, but if you define two of them, one on odd page and one on even they will alternate for the rest of document.
Thanks, my problem is that I was able to do it only once, now when I try to pres shift+x the page turns black (invert color) There is probably some bbox already set.
Is it possible to reset the reader settings or book settings to start it again? I already deleted the lua file associated with the book.
I want to continue the tutorial which is defined here (Shift-X) https://github.com/hwhw/kindlepdfviewer/wiki/Usage-Tips but I cannot.
jiriv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:09 AM   #909
markom
Banned
markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs t1 kindle dx ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiriv View Post
Thanks
Here's how to do it:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...35&postcount=1

If afterwards some content(part of the text or pictures) is not completely visible anymore because you came to close to the letters at cropping, just use joypad(fiveway joystick) to pan current page view left/right/up/down or do the cropping process again.

We can increase or decrease panning step in x and y direction by holding shift key and pushing joypad:

shift + left/right
shift + up/down

Now that you mentioned inverted colors (night mode i.e. white text on black paper) i have question for our diligent KPV gurus.

I find this night mode function very useful and a lot better and quicker than gamma correction for scans with poor contrast between text and paper color.

Would it be possible to just invert this night mode again, so as to get that page black on white again but with maximum contrast?

So instead of pressing x to get to normal view again, we could for example press y and get that particular page black on white again but with maximum contrast.

Then on another page repeat that all over again, press x for night mode then y for inverted maximum contrast black on white.

Last edited by markom; 02-09-2013 at 10:43 AM.
markom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:55 AM   #910
twobob

Spoiler:
git pull, make

Quote:
/ -Ilibk2pdfopt/willuslib -Ilibk2pdfopt/k2pdfoptlib -Ilibk2pdfopt/ -Iluafilesystem/src koptcontext.c -o koptcontext.o
koptcontext.c: In function 'newKOPTContext':
koptcontext.c:62: error: 'KOPTContext' has no member named 'dev_dpi'
koptcontext.c: In function 'kcSetDeviceDPI':
koptcontext.c:153: error: 'KOPTContext' has no member named 'dev_dpi'
make: *** [koptcontext.o] Error 1
am I being silly?

Nope! Still broken? hmm... anyone else getting this error?

more specifically: (This time with an emulator attempt)

Code:
pdf.c: In function ‘reflowPage’:
pdf.c:621:3: warning: passing argument 3 of ‘pthread_create’ from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
/usr/include/pthread.h:225:12: note: expected ‘void * (*)(void *)’ but argument is of type ‘void (*)(struct KOPTContext *)’
gcc -g -c -O2 -ffast-math -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -march=native -Iluajit-2.0/src -Imupdf/ -I/usr/local/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -DEMULATE_READER -DEMULATE_READER_W=600 -DEMULATE_READER_H=800 -Iluafilesystem/src blitbuffer.c -o blitbuffer.o
gcc -g -c -O2 -ffast-math -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -march=native -Iluajit-2.0/src -Imupdf/ -I/usr/local/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -DEMULATE_READER -DEMULATE_READER_W=600 -DEMULATE_READER_H=800 -Iluafilesystem/src drawcontext.c -o drawcontext.o
gcc -g -c -O2 -ffast-math -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -march=native -Iluajit-2.0/src -Imupdf/ -Ilibk2pdfopt/willuslib -Ilibk2pdfopt/k2pdfoptlib -Ilibk2pdfopt/ -I/usr/local/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -DEMULATE_READER -DEMULATE_READER_W=600 -DEMULATE_READER_H=800 -Iluafilesystem/src koptcontext.c -o koptcontext.o
koptcontext.c: In function ‘newKOPTContext’:
koptcontext.c:62:4: error: ‘KOPTContext’ has no member named ‘dev_dpi’
koptcontext.c: In function ‘kcSetDeviceDPI’:
koptcontext.c:153:4: error: ‘KOPTContext’ has no member named ‘dev_dpi’
make: *** [koptcontext.o] Error 1

Last edited by twobob; 02-09-2013 at 11:30 AM.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:45 AM   #911
dave2008
Addict

chrox updated k2pdfopt, have you tried git submodule update? then do a clean make.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:46 AM   #912
twobob

got you. I have flattened the repo completely and am cloning down the all the submodules now, figured it must be something like that. hero.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:25 PM   #913
dave2008
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
got you. I have flattened the repo completely and am cloning down the all the submodules now, figured it must be something like that. hero.
yeah, it sucks. Every time a submodule is updated, we need to manually do git submodule update...
Old 02-09-2013, 01:50 PM   #914
twobob

no problem at all got it built now.

attempting to figure out what to bundle... for a release.

Maybe a RELEASE script for that would be nice...
will dig in the public release for clues.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:54 PM   #915
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave2008 View Post
Gives excellent advice.
Should I look to include the KUAL extension by default since KITE and LAUNCHPAD are in there Dave?

Will have a look at that.

EDIT: Okay... So I've done that.
converted https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...40&postcount=5
into a subdir extensions with the relevant bits and a README.txt (like the Kite and Launchpad ones)

I'll put in a PULL request for
https://github.com/twobob/kindlepdfv...1a918a3fdc07f5

Thanks!

Last edited by twobob; 02-09-2013 at 02:28 PM.