Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 10-23-2008, 08:36 AM   #1
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
My homebrew imanga (image, cbz, cbr viewer)!

This is a image viewer that I call it "iManga".
It's still primitive, but at least working.
Be warned, use it at your own risk.

Feature:
*Can read image file inside zip,cbz,rar,cbr.
*Accept jpg,png,bmp image
*Something more not described here. See below.

Install:
*Just unzip the attachment and run from contentlister.

How to use:
*At first, tap on the central of display, a table with 5x3 cells will emerge (Tap again will make it disappear). These cells serve as onscreen input. If you ever used MangaMeeya on PocketPC, you'll know it.
*Illustration of cell's function
0 5 A
1 6 B
2 7 C
3 8 D
4 9 E

7: Show help grid
D: Raise a open file dialogue, users can select image (or cbz, cbr) file to open
3: Quit the app
6: Toggle between zoom-out to fit screen / no re-scale
8: Toggle between fullscreen / windowed (show toolbar & pagebar)
B: Toggle between show whole image / show left half then right half (this function only works for images larger than display)
2: In cbz/cbr mode, show next image (sorting by filename)
With the above function, you can test if iManga working. Other cells not described here are either unimplemented or buggy.
Note: Touch the above toggle when help grid is on screen is not wanted.

Further development plan:
* Debug. iManga works without problem in ScratchBox Environment. But on iLiad, it crashed after 4 or 5 cbz image browsing. I have to make sure what's the cause.
* Incorporate button after iRex release its image viewer source code, or when I can figure out how to make it.
* make pagebar working for cbz/cbr.
* save/load user's preferred configuation.
* to be added.
Attached Files
File Type: zip imanga.zip (262.2 KB, 1193 views)

Last edited by ericshliao; 10-23-2008 at 09:01 AM.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 06:41 PM   #2
serpentium
eAddictd
serpentium began at the beginning.

Device: PRS505, Iliad Book Edition
seems working... not completely

>>D: Raise a open file dialogue, users can select image (or cbz, cbr) file to open
DONE!

>>6: Toggle between zoom-out to fit screen / no re-scale
>>8: Toggle between fullscreen / windowed (show toolbar & pagebar)
>>B: Toggle between show whole image / show left half then right half (this function only works for images larger than display)
THEY SEEM TO WORK!

>>2: In cbz/cbr mode, show next image (sorting by filename)
how?

i tried tapping the cell but nothing happens, so i tapped cell 7 and image became all gray, like it loaded something. So tapping 2 keep opening all gray image. What am i doing wrong?
im so happy about this sw because i want to read in cbr/cbz format!!! and now with 2.12 i cannot found a sw able to do
serpentium is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2008, 12:05 AM   #3
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

"cbz /cbr mode" means that a cbz/cbr file has been opened, and its first image is shown. Then, by tapping cell 2, iManga will show the next image.
Old 10-25-2008, 07:51 AM   #4
serpentium
eAddictd

process

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericshliao View Post
"cbz /cbr mode" means that a cbz/cbr file has been opened, and its first image is shown. Then, by tapping cell 2, iManga will show the next image.
i dont understand the process. After D-> opening the cbr/cbz what should i do?
Old 10-25-2008, 09:42 AM   #5
ericshliao
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpentium View Post
i dont understand the process. After D-> opening the cbr/cbz what should i do?
Is the first image in your cbz/cbr shown on screen? If so, tapping cell2 will navigate you to the next image.

Added:
If there is only one image file in cbz/cbr, then there is no next image, of course.

Last edited by ericshliao; 10-25-2008 at 09:50 AM.
Advert
Old 10-26-2008, 07:49 AM   #6
serpentium
eAddictd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericshliao View Post
Is the first image in your cbz/cbr shown on screen? If so, tapping cell2 will navigate you to the next image.

Added:
If there is only one image file in cbz/cbr, then there is no next image, of course.
The problem is when i open the cbz file doesnt appear any image (and if i click in the center appear a gray image). So i dont understand if there is something wrong with my cbz or what else.

My cbz file seems just a zip file with images, right?
Old 10-26-2008, 09:49 AM   #7
ericshliao
Guru

I am focusing on something else, so that I can't check it for you right now. I just thought of one possibility: the open file dialogue might be buggy to open a cbz file. You can try it another way: modify "run.sh", and replace "sample.jpg" with "your-cbz-file".

It's highly possible that there is something wrong with open file dialogue. Because I might forget to update code dealing cbz file when I modified my unzip routine. I always use run.sh to specify cbz to open, and forgot to test open file dialogue.
Old 10-26-2008, 02:20 PM   #8
serpentium
eAddictd

ok i will try...

anyway here is the log
Attached Files
File Type: txt out.txt (7.7 KB, 574 views)
Old 10-26-2008, 02:40 PM   #9
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
I would love something like this for my Cybook
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 02:56 PM   #10
ericshliao
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpentium View Post
ok i will try...

anyway here is the log
From your log, I think the open file dialogue is ok. The problem is : no space allowed in path and filename. Replace every space with some other character (such as '_' ).

Last edited by ericshliao; 10-27-2008 at 04:50 AM.
Old 11-23-2008, 01:27 PM   #11
ShinseiRyu
ShinseiRyu began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
I ran the program and then tried to load the sample manga I put on my card. Its a .zip file with 40 different images inside mostly .png and a some .jpg. After I click the open button to open the file it crashes back to Device Manager/Content Lister. No spaces in the path or filename.
ShinseiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 01:50 PM   #12
ericshliao
Guru

Check the output file "msg.out" in imanga dir. If all file are listed, then it's not the problem of filename.
Check if the first image file has 24bit color depth. If so, convert it to 8 bit. The function provided by GTK+ that I called in imanga seems not able to load high color depth image.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:21 AM   #13
isendir
isendir began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad Book Edition
Hi. I'm a newcomer here.

I've been using your app for a couple of days. Everything is working fine, but i'd like to know if there's a possibility of a new version with button support.

If you don't have time I could help or do it myself if you release the source.

Thanks for your great work
isendir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 07:33 PM   #14
ericshliao
Guru

The manga viewer released here is quite primitive, and is far from usable. Although I have nearly completed it and made it perfectly fit my needs, I probabily won't release the final version for some reason.
There is another zip/rar viewer, you should try it.

Last edited by ericshliao; 07-08-2009 at 07:52 PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:50 PM   #15
webcarlos
webcarlos began at the beginning.

Device: none
Congratulations!!!

Hello. Very cool information. Congrats!!!
webcarlos is offline   Reply With Quote