Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-05-2015, 10:43 PM   #1
DarkMagda
DarkMagda began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
Forgotten Settings and Plugins - Solved (partially)

Hi, I finally registered on this sight after lurking for a few years... So I'm not sure if I'm doing this right

Background of problem:
I was having some problems with auto-add not working, so I installed current version (2.27). There were a couple problems during install (calibre parallel process and pdftoppm wouldn't close), and ended up needing to restart computer.
Everything seemed fine (books/fanfiction are all there). Auto-add still didn't work.
Turns out my hard drive was completely full. I tried closing calibre, so I would have less processes running while I delt with freeing up space on hard drive. There was a write error (I think) while closing, but it was gone before I could fully read it.

Current State:
Books and custom columns still show up, but all of my settings and plugins are missing (appears to back to default).
I looked at the files in the calibre appdata folder and my plugins are still showing there.

I'm really hoping to avoid needing to re-install the plugins and resetting everything.

Update:
#1 I see that my plugins are still in plugins list in calibre.

Solved (sort of):
My settings are mostly still there (mostly), beyond a few minor ones. I just need to fix my toolbars and context menu back, which I don't mind to much...

Last edited by DarkMagda; 05-05-2015 at 11:08 PM.
DarkMagda is offline   Reply With Quote