Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-30-2015, 09:28 AM   #1
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
What do 3 buttons in eviewer do?

1. Looked in the manual, but didn't find answer

http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/viewer.html

2. There are 3 icons that don't appear to do anything, at least when I click. According to the tooltips they are

[Back], [Forward], and [Load a theme]

There is a [Next Page] and [Previous Page] which 'read' the book, so I can't figure what the [Back] and [Next] are supposed to do.

When I click [Load a theme] I thought I'd get a FileOpen dialog, but nothing happens

What is the purpose of the 3 buttons?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	168
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	137752  

Last edited by phossler; 04-30-2015 at 09:33 AM.
phossler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 04:37 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by phossler View Post
1. Looked in the manual, but didn't find answer

http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/viewer.html

2. There are 3 icons that don't appear to do anything, at least when I click. According to the tooltips they are

[Back], [Forward], and [Load a theme]

There is a [Next Page] and [Previous Page] which 'read' the book, so I can't figure what the [Back] and [Next] are supposed to do.

When I click [Load a theme] I thought I'd get a FileOpen dialog, but nothing happens

What is the purpose of the 3 buttons?

Thanks
@phossler - Back and Forward buttons are similar to same buttons in web browsers, navigate through browsing history - only active if there is any browsing history - ie you have viewed parts of the book in current session. Most useful if its a reference book that you navigate, non sequentially, via the ToC or via reference links etc.

I think you need to create and save some extra themes to get a list of themes. Themes are not saved as separate files, they are saved as entries in the viewer_themes.json file (config folder). Only one theme is shipped, in English it's labelled as default.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2015, 09:16 PM   #3
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
phossler is offline   Reply With Quote