Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-25-2013, 02:30 PM   #46
Awak
Wuxia Novels Fan
Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
PROBLEM B: so you see a whole bunch of copies???
My guess? Then you really DO have multiple copies of things on there...
You are right! I found there are copies in EACH sub-directory - Must be a glitch in the WinSCP program...

Now problem fixed, thanks!
Awak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:54 PM   #47
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch

no worries mate. Winscp does not "like" the kindles - you have to set it up just right.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2013, 03:00 PM   #48
Awak
Wuxia Novels Fan
Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

I have set up an account in github.com, but don't know how to "commit" the whole project to it - Do I need to copy each file one by one? How to create a subdirectory in github.com??

Quote:
Problem A: I cannot exit the usbnetwork mode even I type "ifconfig usb0 down". The connection to WinSCP has broken. However, when I plug and unplug the Kindle, it cannot enter the normal USB mode (appear as storage device) again.
Problem solved, I need to type ;un again in the search menu before it can change mode - A "feature" of usbnetwork I guess...

Anyway, here is another updated version of the Kindle Chinese Chess, see attachment.

================================================== ================

Changes in Version 0.1.1

1. Changed the display Game Time from second to minute - Avoid drain the battery power.

2. Stop the Game Time if the game is over. (otherwise what is the point? )

3. Fix the Title problem by changing the manifest.mf file. (Thanks twobob for help!)

Install instructions

1. Delete the old file "KindleChineseChess-touch.0.1.0.azw2" from your Kindle.

2. Unzip the attached file.

3. Just copy the new file to your Kindle.

================================================== ================
Attached Files
File Type: zip KindleChineseChess-touch.0.1.1.zip (220.8 KB, 368 views)
Old 02-25-2013, 03:31 PM   #49
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

okay... in a nutshell

you can either clone down your empty repo..

and then splatter the stuff in it and commit -a

or...
(I DO THIS)
https://help.github.com/articles/cre...new-repository

mkdir ~/Hello-World (or whatever)
# Creates a directory for your project called "Hello-World" in your user directory

cd ~/Hello-World
# Changes the current working directory to your newly created directory

git init
# Sets up the necessary Git files

# Initialized empty Git repository in /Users/you/Hello-World/.git/

touch README
# Creates a file called "README" in your Hello-World directory

git add README
# Stages your README file, adding it to the list of files to be committed

git commit -m 'first commit'
# Commits your files, adding the message "first commit"

git remote add origin https://github.com/username/Hello-World.git (or whatever)
# Creates a remote named "origin" pointing at your GitHub repository

git push origin master
# Sends your commits in the "master" branch to GitHub

OR fork the other guys and amend it.

Hope that helps
Old 02-25-2013, 07:16 PM   #50
Awak
Wuxia Novels Fan

Sorry for my slow learning curve, all the steps you mention are setting up an empty repository.

The question is how do I send the project files to the empty repository?

You need to specfic where to find the files in the PC and start clone it to the repository, right?

In your example, is that true I just copy everything to the directory ~/Hello-World, including all sub-directory? And it will do the rest automatic?
Advert
Old 02-25-2013, 07:18 PM   #51
twobob

Jump into the root folder of the GIT

git add the files you want adding

git commit -m 'a sexy comment'

git push

should be enough.

you can check what is outstanding with err.... git status I think

Last edited by twobob; 02-25-2013 at 07:24 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:19 PM   #52
twobob

example:

me@dev ~/GIT/dithyr $ git status
Quote:
# On branch master
# Untracked files:
# (use "git add <file>..." to include in what will be committed)
#
# xserver-master/
nothing added to commit but untracked files present (use "git add" to track)
the git add ./WHATEVER/*

does that adding for you...

.gitignore is a file you can make to ignore stuff also...

If it is not obvious I am not an expert (at hardly anything) so don't apologise to a horrid hacker like me.

Slow learning curve??

One day??? I can forgive you LOL!!!!

Last edited by twobob; 02-25-2013 at 07:23 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:43 PM   #53
Awak
Wuxia Novels Fan

Yeah! Thanks - I got it:

git add ./myproject/*

is the command I am looking at, thanks for the help!
Old 02-25-2013, 08:02 PM   #54
Awak
Wuxia Novels Fan

About the KUAL problems, have you got anything from it?

see the post:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...7&postcount=45
Old 02-25-2013, 08:42 PM   #55
twobob

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/att...5&d=1358766950

get the dos2unix from there.

unzip onto device.

let's say you choose to put it on the FAT ROOT /mnt/us/

then run like

/mnt/us/dos2unix /path/to/your/fileToFix

that is the first part done...

okay so...
config pair:
Quote:
Adding things to the menu
Simply construct a pair of config.xml and menu.json in it's own application subfolder under /mnt/us/extensions/<application name>/ just like before. The launcher should now parse it.

At a minimum point the menu.json to run at least one thing (like say a shell script) to be actually useful.
Give the KUAL FAQ section a read and pull down the helper extension and have a look at what is in there.

That is what it is there for. demoing functionality.

Hope that helps

Last edited by twobob; 02-25-2013 at 08:51 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:53 AM   #56
Awak
Wuxia Novels Fan

OK, I have put the source code in the following link:

https://github.com/AwakenHuman/ChineseChessForKindle

Cheer!
Old 02-26-2013, 10:50 AM   #57
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awak View Post
OK, I have put the source code in the following link:

https://github.com/AwakenHuman/ChineseChessForKindle

Cheer!
YAY!!!!

Thanks mate.

Looking good!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_055.png
Views:	209
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	102074  

Last edited by twobob; 02-26-2013 at 10:05 PM.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:54 PM   #58
Awak
Wuxia Novels Fan

After two nights (without much sleeping), I have finally put up a document in one page about the rules used in Chinese Chess game. Please see the attachment, just copy it to your kindle and read it.

Yes, I will increase the font size if possible, but need to be in one page...

However, I have found some strange behavior of the document, it is suppose to be one page - But from what I can see in Kindle, it appears as several pages. If you can go to the end of the document and then back to the first page, then you will see it appears as one page (which is what I want).

Does anyone know what is going on? My document is first edited in MS Word, then save as PDF format and then convert it to azw3 by Calibre.

Thanks for the help!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Chinese Chess Rules - Awak.zip (338.0 KB, 166 views)
Old 02-27-2013, 06:58 PM   #59
twobob

HERO... this should "for sure" be included with the game...

Let me check the formatting on a few devices and get back to you
Old 02-27-2013, 07:11 PM   #60
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awak View Post
After two nights (without much sleeping), I have finally put up a document in one page about the rules used in Chinese Chess game. Please see the attachment, just copy it to your kindle and read it.

Yes, I will increase the font size if possible, but need to be in one page...

However, I have found some strange behavior of the document, it is suppose to be one page - But from what I can see in Kindle, it appears as several pages. If you can go to the end of the document and then back to the first page, then you will see it appears as one page (which is what I want).

Does anyone know what is going on? My document is first edited in MS Word, then save as PDF format and then convert it to azw3 by Calibre.

Thanks for the help!
Kindles display plain text files just fine - try that.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote