Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-02-2015, 02:53 PM   #1
sirwang
sirwang began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW v1
Question What is Error Code 0?

Hey guys! First post here so if this is in the wrong place, my apologies.

I recently replaced my Kindle Paperwhite (Gen 1) screen with one I bought off of eBay. It appeared to be a successful change since I was able to turn on the device but once I got it on, I was met with "Repair Needed - Error Code 0".

A screenshot of the image is as attached. I went through all the possible resets and whatnot but could not get this off the screen. Doing a reset was able to turn off the screen for a moment before this error screen comes back on.

Does anyone here have insight as to what this means and how I might be able to get my Kindle PW back to working condition?

Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kindle error code 0.jpg
Views:	1293
Size:	476.6 KB
ID:	133232  
sirwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 08:05 PM   #2
sirwang

bump - please!
Old 01-05-2015, 08:57 AM   #3
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
(Usually) screwed up software. There are numerous posts on the subject. Given the device, if you don't have USBNet on boot or the rescue pack installed, you'll probably have to open it up to see what's getting its panties in a bunch over serial.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 01:34 AM   #4
sirwang

Thank you for answering me! If that is the case, I would be happy to pry this thing open again and try to figure it out, although, I hate to be that guy but can you point me to what terms I should be searching in order to boot over serial?

The master index page I found seemed to be specific to PW2...not sure if that is the same.
Old 01-09-2015, 02:39 AM   #5
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirwang View Post
Thank you for answering me! If that is the case, I would be happy to pry this thing open again and try to figure it out, although, I hate to be that guy but can you point me to what terms I should be searching in order to boot over serial?

The master index page I found seemed to be specific to PW2...not sure if that is the same.
Sticky :: Where do I start? -> Utilities and Resources -> FGA -> https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=237083 ->
bullet #7
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
error code, error code 0, kindle, paperwhite, repair