Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-19-2010, 10:50 AM   #1
grimeangel
grimeangel began at the beginning.

Device: itouch
can someone help me?

i have been trying to upload an e-book to my ithouch with calibre but whenever i plug my ithouch into my computer calibre will not find it but when i went on itunes my ithouch is there i try uploading books but calibre tells me it doesn't see any device if you have an answer please email me at kkeevviinnhhuuaanngg@yahoo.com thank you
grimeangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:12 AM   #2
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
Try asking in the Calibre forum, but I know that with mp3, Apple scrambles its directories and filenames precisely so that you can't just drag files onto it without Apple knowing about them. It wouldn't really surprise me if it did the same with ebooks. Can't you copy them on with itunes or some similar Apple approved program instead?
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2010, 11:23 AM   #3
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
You are not alone in struggling with this. It depends on what type of file (ePub, PDF) etc you are trying to upload and then what APP you are going to use to read it. If you go to the Calibre FAQ you can see that they mostly recommend Stanza.

http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual...-iphone-itouch

There is a section there titled "how do I use app with my ipad/iphone/itouch?" that should answer your questions.

I was trying to load a PDF file onto an iPAD the other day to read with the Goodreader APP and it was just as complicated.

I really wish we could do that one click "send to device" button on Calibre but since it is Apple, I suppose they feel obligated to try and lock it down.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:40 PM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
It depends on what you are using as the reading software on the iTouch.

If you are using iBooks, then if you have the latest release of Calibre, then it WILL see an iDevice. Support for this was added relatively recently, when iBooks was made available for iPhones/iTouch devices running iOS4.

If you are using any other software on the iTouch then you need to use whatever instructions are specified for that software for transferring books. In such a case there is no automated transfer direct from Calibre.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote