Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Offline > BBeB/LRF Books (offline)

Notices

Old 01-19-2010, 06:36 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Gilmore, Anthony: The Affair Of The Brains. v1, 19 Jan 2010

This is a science fiction short novel [novella] from the March, 1932 issue of Astounding Stories.

There are a few more stories in this series featuring the same character. I have yet to read this, and I'm not familier with the author's work; however, the author is Harry Bates, famous editor! But it looks like a lot of fun.

See this website for some interesting information on Bates's work and history:

http://www.spacevulture.com/origin2.html

This novel looks like good, old swashbuckling science fiction where ray-guns splat and the aliens are always evil. I've included the cover from which the story appears.

Enjoy.

In the meantime, I've got to get my microwave going: I've got some yowling animals making a ruckus out back, and my ray-gun doesn't seem to be working at the moment.

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 01-19-2010 at 09:35 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote