Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-02-2008, 04:56 PM   #1
kilofox
Connoisseur
kilofox doesn't litterkilofox doesn't litterkilofox doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
Swap "Prev Page" & "Next Buttons" ????

Well I have had my Kindle for a while now. I have found that I almost always hold the Kindle by the upper left side of the device.

So... I think it would be nice if the Kindle allowed you to re-map your page buttons so you can have the setup that is best for you.

Agreed????

I realize you can't swap the lettering, I just 'shopped the photo to show the end results of what I want to do.

Last edited by kilofox; 04-02-2008 at 04:58 PM.
kilofox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 06:01 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilofox View Post
Well I have had my Kindle for a while now. I have found that I almost always hold the Kindle by the upper left side of the device.
I always wondered when I saw the device if there were maybe a way to wedge something into the page turn buttons on the left side so they wouldn't depress. This way it could be held anywhere on that side without worrying about pressing the buttons.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2008, 06:20 PM   #3
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
I'm hoping they add a firmware feature to allow you to disable as well as re-map buttons. Personally, the work well for me. I typically hold it on the bottom left which I bet is how they figured most folks would hold it.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 08:16 PM   #4
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Heh, about six years ago when I got my first Rocket eBook, among the many features it had was the two page-forward and page-back bottons on the left side could easily be reversed.

Now all these years later, neither Sony nor Amazon seems able to do this. Or even cares.
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 08:54 PM   #5
stevenmoy
Zealot
stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2
I wonder if my car has the feature built-in for me to swap gas paddle and brake paddle.
stevenmoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2008, 10:57 PM   #6
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenmoy View Post
I wonder if my car has the feature built-in for me to swap gas paddle and brake paddle.
If the peddles were software switches instead of hardware, then that feature that could be added, yes.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 11:39 PM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenmoy View Post
Yea, because that's exactally the same.
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote