Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-07-2012, 03:17 PM   #1
chovan
chovan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
"ELF binary type "0" not known" Error. When run Kindlegen

Hi There. I've trying to convert .html files to mobi files with Kindlegen V2.6 on my FreeNAS (FreeBSD) box.

It was not successful, I got the following error message:

ELF binary type "0" not known.
./kindlegen: Exec format error. Binary file not executable.

I tried fix it by using command : brandelf -t FreeBSD kindlegen

and I got "Bad system call"

Any comments?

Thanks!
chovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:42 AM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
It's a Linux binary. I can't quite remember how that's supposed to work on *BSD, but I seem to remember that you need some kind of Linux compat/semi-emulation libs/stuff in order to run Linux binaries on BSD. (Sorry if it's a bit vague, it's been ages since I've had to look at a BSD box).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2012, 01:31 PM   #3
chovan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
It's a Linux binary. I can't quite remember how that's supposed to work on *BSD, but I seem to remember that you need some kind of Linux compat/semi-emulation libs/stuff in order to run Linux binaries on BSD. (Sorry if it's a bit vague, it's been ages since I've had to look at a BSD box).

Old 02-08-2012, 05:27 PM   #4
Serpentine
Evangelist
Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah, not too sure why you didn't notice that it's not linux...

If FreeNAS includes the linux layer, you'll need to load that, otherwise if it has system sources, or you can pull them easily - you could build them yourself.
Serpentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:49 AM   #5
chovan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
Yeah, not too sure why you didn't notice that it's not linux...

If FreeNAS includes the linux layer, you'll need to load that, otherwise if it has system sources, or you can pull them easily - you could build them yourself.
Thanks Serpentine.

I know it's not Linux, just thought if it can run other Linux binaries why not this one.

I found something on the net how to install linux layer, will try and come back if succeed.
Advert