Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 07-24-2014, 01:11 PM   #1
winterescape
Enthusiast
winterescape began at the beginning.

Device: none
WSJ append Date to Title?

I use the built in WSJ newspaper download recipe. Is there any easy way to include the date? After it is downloaded it is converted to MOBI and sent to kindle and it does not appear to retain the date.
winterescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 11:21 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Dont convert and send to kindle download it in mobi directly and send it to kindle via usb, then the kindle will recognize it as a periodical and show you the date instead of the author name in the book list.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 05:19 PM   #3
winterescape
Enthusiast
winterescape began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks for the suggestion; the computer is in a different physical location than the Kindle. I take the kindle on the road when traveling. Any way to retain the date when it is E-mailed to the Kindle device?
winterescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 10:36 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, amazon reformats all periodicals sent via email.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 11:21 PM   #5
huladaddy
huladaddy began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S3
That's not my experience. I email fetched news (periodicals) that are scheduled, in MOBI format, and automatically emailed to my Kindle, and my Kindle recognizes them as periodicals, and retains the date.

So, my question is, how do I stop the date from being added to the title of the Wall Street Journal periodicals? I added " timefmt = '' ", but that doesn't seem to do it. Does it have something to do with the self.timefmt line(s)?
huladaddy is offline   Reply With Quote