Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 04-18-2023, 07:27 PM   #1
Tnorbraten
Tnorbraten began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 10 (11th Gen)
Hello from TNorbraten!

I am TNorbraten, located in the Pacific Northwest, USA, speaking English with occasional foreign swear words.

I am very interested in Victorian literature. Especially the "Sensation" novels of Wilkie Collins and his contemporaries, so this website is perfect for me. I own "The Stanford Companion to Victorian Fiction" by John Sutherland and "The Book of Forgotten Authors" by Christopher Fowler. Both of these are helping me immensely.

I have a Kindle Fire which I will be fighting with to load the efiles to to see which books I have. Hopefully I will be doing this right. Any help will be Greatly appreciated.
Tnorbraten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 09:48 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Hello and welcome to MobileRead!
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2023, 01:26 AM   #3
hildea
Wizard
hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux (had Onyx Boox Poke 3 and BeBook Neo earlier)
Welcome!

There was a thread about Victorian sensation novels a few years back.
hildea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2023, 09:17 AM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnorbraten View Post
I am TNorbraten, located in the Pacific Northwest, USA, speaking English with occasional foreign swear words.

I am very interested in Victorian literature. Especially the "Sensation" novels of Wilkie Collins and his contemporaries, so this website is perfect for me. I own "The Stanford Companion to Victorian Fiction" by John Sutherland and "The Book of Forgotten Authors" by Christopher Fowler. Both of these are helping me immensely.

I have a Kindle Fire which I will be fighting with to load the efiles to to see which books I have. Hopefully I will be doing this right. Any help will be Greatly appreciated.

RIP - Christopher Fowler. He was a wonderful writer. (Died March 3, 2023.)

Check out his novel, Rune, if you like horror.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
victorian, wilkie collins