Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 04-15-2010, 11:53 AM   #1
kab
Edge User

Thumbs up It arrived! Can I start using it?

huzzah! My Edge arrived safe and sound, and after a hefty customs bill (122 euros...), I'm so ready to play with it - is it ok to start using it while it's charging, or should I really let it sit through the night untouched, and let it charge in peace?

Old 04-15-2010, 01:31 PM   #2
kab
Edge User

Thanks Boris - I'm posting this from the edge! Too much fun I've only been charging it for maybe 3-4 hours, but battery status says it's 100% . not that I'm complaining, it's just surprising. The only odd thing is the keyboard, it's got kind of strange edgy bits, as if someone chopped it up and then didn't put it back togeher properly. Odd.
Btw, how or where do I find out if the update has already been installed?

Other than that, first impression is excellent (android will take some getting used to), but the e-ink screen is a stunner! My sony 600 doesn't stand a chance.

Off to play some more

Advert
Old 04-15-2010, 03:13 PM   #3
sarah11918
Edge User

Congrats, kab! If your battery reached 100% then you're probably good to go. Have fun!

Old 04-15-2010, 06:19 PM   #4
drsteve
Edge User

Congratulations kab. I'm so tempted to get one of these. Fairly hefty customs bill though - likely be similar in UK ! So how long from Order to receipt?

Old 04-15-2010, 06:25 PM   #5
Dellaster
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kab View Post
huzzah! My Edge arrived safe and sound, and after a hefty customs bill (122 euros...), I'm so ready to play with it - is it ok to start using it while it's charging, or should I really let it sit through the night untouched, and let it charge in peace?
Congratulations, kab! But ouch, that's US$165 for the customs bill.

I'm in California, the same State from which the eDGe ships, so I was hit with an extra $44.47 tax. And ironically, while it sits relatively nearby in "processing" going into the third day (what, white ones were out of stock?), the piece of computer furniture I ordered yesterday from Verona, Italy has already sailed through two cities, the export scan, and now is somewhere between Italy and the US. Looks like I'll get it before the eDGe, for the same cost of shipping and no tax or other extra charges.

The world is strange.

Last edited by Dellaster; 04-15-2010 at 06:39 PM. Reason: typo

Advert
Old 04-15-2010, 08:43 PM   #6
Dellaster
Edge User

Ah, an email I just received explains it. Production snag of some kind. New orders are delayed till the end of next week. Alas.

Old 04-16-2010, 03:51 AM   #7
kab
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsteve View Post
Congratulations kab. I'm so tempted to get one of these. Fairly hefty customs bill though - likely be similar in UK ! So how long from Order to receipt?
thanks dr steve and everyone else! I had so much fun playing with it last night that I'm now really tired (i.e. went to bed too late..ts ts) Anyway, ordered it through usunlocked personal shopping on Friday before Easter (2 April) and it arrived here yesterday afternoon (15 April) - pretty much exactly 2 weeks. The bit that took the longest was the shipping from Entourage to Usunlocked. Once Usunlocked shipped it, it took only 2 days. I suppose you could speed that up by getting faster shipping from Entourage?

I'll post a few first impressions in a little while, but first I really should do some work (which should be fun with the Edge, hehe).
cheerio and thanks for all your help and encouragement! What a great community we have here!

Old 04-16-2010, 07:00 AM   #8
MadJakkle
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsteve View Post
£69.90 to be precise I too went through USunlocked, took about 2 weeks. Was it worth it? DEFINATLEY!

Last edited by MadJakkle; 04-16-2010 at 07:05 AM.

Old 04-16-2010, 05:29 PM   #9
drsteve
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadJakkle View Post
£69.90 to be precise I too went through USunlocked, took about 2 weeks. Was it worth it? DEFINATLEY!
Did you use the personal shopping option or were you able to purchase directly from EntourageEdge.com and just use the USUnlocked shipping address?

I believe kab used personal shopping, but I think that adds another $50 or so.

Old 04-17-2010, 04:22 PM   #10
MadJakkle
Edge User

Personal Shopping is the only way, total cost to the UK was around £500 all in.

Old 04-20-2010, 03:03 PM   #11
wballard@servicenet.com
Edge User

Can you buy a warranty on the product if you are purchasing it out of the US?