Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: What Gadgets do you plan on Buying this Holiday Season?
LCD Tablet (iPad, Kindle Fire, Kobo Arc, Nexus 7, Nook Tab, etc) 47 28.83%
Non-LCD eReader (Kindle, Kobo, Nook, Sony, etc) 33 20.25%
Smartphone (Android, iPhone, Windows, etc) 19 11.66%
Media Player (Galaxy Player, iPod touch, etc) 7 4.29%
MP3 Player (Cowon, iPod nano, Sansa Clip, Sony etc) 6 3.68%
Computer (desktop, laptop, netbook, ultrabook, etc) 24 14.72%
Other (please specify) 10 6.13%
No new gadgets for me this holiday season 60 36.81%
Not interested in this thread, but love to vote in polls 9 5.52%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-04-2012, 01:49 AM   #91
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolRaven View Post
...I don't know, but one of my cousins recently found a pic of my parents and my mother looks as happy and content, as I've ever seen her! I need to get it restored and framed.
What a nice looking couple. Thanks for sharing that and by all means get it framed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SolRaven's Mom & Dad 1950s.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	95422

I see now where the top of your head gets its good looks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	SolRaven.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	3.1 KB
ID:	95423

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 11-04-2012 at 09:38 AM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:10 AM   #92
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I bought a Paperwhite the first day they were offered for sale, so I won't be buying anything new for a while, but if someone wanted to buy me one of the new iPads, iPad Mini, or one of the new larger HD Fire tablets, I wouldn't complain!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2012, 10:08 AM   #93
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolRaven View Post
then use a bluetooth receiver and my fav. earbuds to listen.
That looks something like the device that connects to my new hearing aid. It transmits via bluetooth directly into my hearing aid. Nice for when we watch TV. I don't blast my husband out of the room.

Quote:
I don't know, but one of my cousins recently found a pic of my parents and my mother looks as happy and content, as I've ever seen her! I need to get it restored and framed.
That is a neat picture. Handsome couple. Yes I would definitely get it restored. They look so happy and in love.

Last edited by sadievan; 11-04-2012 at 10:11 AM.
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:55 PM   #94
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
I need to replace my Asus Transformer, which I accidentally dropped in the middle of the street.
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:36 PM   #95
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
I think we will buy at least one new Fire -- though I'm not sure which one at this point -- and I am in the market for a quad core desktop.
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2012, 03:47 PM   #96
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Most likely a Nexus 7.
I'd actually rather have one of two gadgets that don't exist: a reasonably priced Galaxy Note 2 or a retina iPad Mini. The Nexus 7 the compromise choice in the middle.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:06 PM   #97
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
I'm actually thinking of something like this:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/eb7b/#tabs

an emergency power source for phones, ipods, and so on. My kids have a lamentable tendency to not keep their phones charged up except at night. We've got a small one, that works to recharge my son's phone about half way (or maybe a little more), and I've got a charger that runs on two AA batteries, but I don't know how much that small amount can do.

I've investigated solar rechargers, but I'm not convinced we'd have a good way to use it in cloudy Michigan. For longer outages, we've got a gas-powered generator (but that assumes we can get gas for it) - this would be just for more short-term emergencies. (maybe give the kids one to keep in their car)
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:57 PM   #98
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
That one seems overpriced though, I bought a similar one in Japan and paid less than $30, not as elegant looking though and it only has one USB port.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:48 PM   #99
captkjaneway
Cockney Sci-Fi Geek!
captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Tab S 8.4", Samsung S6 Edge
Already treated myself to a Synology NAS with 4no 3Tb hard drives......Groupon has the Nexus 7 on offer today too.....tempting
captkjaneway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:20 AM   #100
pagansoul
Fanatic
pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone5, iPad Gen3, Kobo, Kindle Fire, Kobo Vox. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
I'll be getting my new iPhone 5 next weekend. Don't know about the mini this year, maybe next. I use my iPad 3 all of the time but not my Fire so I don't think I need a 7 inch tablet at all but I can rarely resist new toys.
pagansoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:28 PM   #101
Nothingness
Zealot
Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura H2O Limited Edition
I'm going to get myself my first ereader: a Kobo Golo.
Nothingness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:32 PM   #102
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
I bought a cheap laptop last week because my 5-yo one was dying. Gave the old one to my son to play minecraft. No new gadgets for me this year--I have everything I need & want: iPod nano, nook, kindle, and iPhone 3GS. This year I want to have money instead
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:42 PM   #103
1094Jacob
Amateur Radio Extra Class
1094Jacob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1094Jacob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1094Jacob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1094Jacob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1094Jacob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1094Jacob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1094Jacob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1094Jacob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1094Jacob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1094Jacob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1094Jacob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard Wi-Fi
I hope to get a Kenwood TH-F6A amateur radio.
1094Jacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:02 AM   #104
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
I'm thinking I'd like to pimp my Galaxy Note with this Little gadget.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:15 AM   #105
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
I'm thinking I'd like to pimp my Galaxy Note with this Little gadget.
Hey you, that website has the letters in the wrong order. I can't read what it's saying.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote