Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-01-2010, 08:59 AM   #1
leevancleef
leevancleef began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300
Reader library opening when connected

Hi - had a quick search so apologies if this has already been answered.

Got a PRS-300 and loving it, only problem is with Reader Library, which is fairly useless. I've been using Calibre instead which is much better and lets me edit author info for stuff I've gotten off Gutenburg etc. Only problem is Reader Library is opening when I connect - not a huge problem, but a bit of a pain - is there any way I can set it so it opens Calibre instead when I connect?

This is on Windows 7 64-bit.

Thanks!
leevancleef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 09:02 AM   #2
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I don't know about having Calibre run, but there is a way to stop the Sony Library from running automatically, I just can't remember how to do it
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 09:11 AM   #3
Dusty
Connoisseur
Dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony 300, T1
I simply uninstaled it.
Dusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 09:31 AM   #4
Bob T
Enthusiast
Bob T began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
run msconfig and remove it from start up....this way you can still run it from the program menu if you wish...

Click the start button and type "msconfig", (no quotes), in the little box...
Click on the Startup tab...
Uncheck the box next to "Reader Library"...
Click OK...

This all assumes you are running windows...
If you are running a Mac or Linux system...someone else may know the answer...
Bob T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 01:24 PM   #5
Pangolin
Pangolin
Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 2
I'm on a Mac, any ideas anyone?
Thanks
Pangolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 08:08 PM   #6
RonF
Zealot
RonF has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RonF has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RonF has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RonF has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-300, K3 WiFi, K4 NT, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob T View Post
run msconfig and remove it from start up....this way you can still run it from the program menu if you wish...

Click OK...

If you are running Win XP this should read:

"Click the start button then click run... and type "msconfig", (no quotes), in the little box..."

That is what I did, Reader Library won't start up on you anymore.
RonF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 10:33 PM   #7
pdarcy
pdarcy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
The Sony software uses launchd. Try downloading Lingon from versiontracker and disable or remove it.
pdarcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:55 PM   #8
ziegl027
Addict
ziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony Touch, Kindle DXG
Stupid question (probably REALLY stupid)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob T View Post

Click OK...

Which "start button", what little box????

ziegl027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:16 PM   #9
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziegl027 View Post
Which "start button", what little box????

If you're running VISTA:

Click on the Windows icon in the bottom left of your screen
Type "msconfig" in the search box (no quotes)
Click on the msconfig.exe that the search should find
Confirm to continue
Select the Startup tab in System Configuration
Uncheck Reader Library
Select OK

*edit*

or using the help and support function, search for "system configuration" and follow the directions.

Last edited by Wetdogeared; 02-02-2010 at 10:36 PM.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote