Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 07-29-2022, 02:21 PM   #1
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Connecting Bluetooth non-audio devices

I got an Era about a week ago. In the User Guide, there's a paragraph about pairing 'HID-compatible' Bluetooth devices' (keyboard, mouse, joystick, selfie sticks, etc.) to 'remotely control the e-book'.

Indeed, I am able to connect an Apple Magic Mouse and assign its two 'buttons' to turn pages.

However I had less success with attaching a couple of keyboards: my Logitech K380 (maybe 10 years old) showed up in list of devices, but wouldn't pair. I also tried Apple Magic Keyboard, but it did not show up in list of devices. I also tried pairing a Nimbus game controller (it has a LOT of buttons) but unfortunately it didn't show up in the list, either.

[And then there were a couple of dozen MAC addresses shown, I have no idea what those are.]

At any rate, is is possible (with the right BT keyboard) to attach a keyboard and use it to type with? Or to arbitrarily assign its keys to the available functions?

The other thing that works is pairing Era with my Mac. But there doesn't seem to be any service running on the Era that would allow file transfers, etc. Is there an add-on for this? (I see KOReader has an SSH server you an use for FTP, but looks like it works over WiFi, which is no doubt better)

Just wondering what is possible with this.

Last edited by tomsem; 07-29-2022 at 02:28 PM.
tomsem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2022, 03:01 PM   #2
HvdB
Enthusiast
HvdB began at the beginning.

Device: none
Deleted, link doesn't work here.

Last edited by HvdB; 09-18-2022 at 02:07 PM.
HvdB is offline   Reply With Quote