Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-13-2009, 10:14 PM   #1
nwinter
Zealot
nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: sony PS-505, Iphone and about to add a Kindle DX
Found the perfect book light for new M-edge cover

I was at the book shop today and had heard the good comments on mobile read about the Mighty Bright lights. So I bought the Mighty bright travel flex and you could not ask for a better fit. The clip fits neatly into the elastic that was put in the cover for a pen and the arm of the light flexes so the cover can be closed completely. Here are some photos. exciting!

Natalie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0323.JPG
Views:	752
Size:	652.2 KB
ID:	32214   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0322.JPG
Views:	652
Size:	732.9 KB
ID:	32215   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0324.JPG
Views:	618
Size:	563.3 KB
ID:	32216  
nwinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 11:24 PM   #2
sayhello
Addict
sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Blue!), PRS-650 (Black), iPad, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwinter View Post
I was at the book shop today and had heard the good comments on mobile read about the Mighty Bright lights. So I bought the Mighty bright travel flex and you could not ask for a better fit. The clip fits neatly into the elastic that was put in the cover for a pen and the arm of the light flexes so the cover can be closed completely. Here are some photos. exciting!

Natalie
Oh, that looks perfect! I'm going to have to check that out.

Thanks
Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2009, 11:39 PM   #3
Cassy
Zealot
Cassy began at the beginning.

Device: Silver Sony PRS 505
That is fantastic Can I ask where you found the light?
Also does it touch the reader at all when its open or closed?

Thanks
Cassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 12:08 AM   #4
nwinter
Zealot
nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

nope it doesn't as it seems to fold down the spine and Dymocks $24.99 AUD. But I will take it back and switch it for the silver one. My eye gets very distracted with colours near the reader which is why I like the M-edge cover so much. Dont know why I bought the pink. You could always buy one and return if you didnt like it or take the reader into the store ( but you would be stuck for hours showing it to everyone) to see how it fits. The neck of the light is very fine which allows it to fold down.

Natalie
Old 07-14-2009, 12:37 AM   #5
Cassy
Zealot

Thats great thanks I will have to take it into Dymocks when my cover arrives- can't wait! have yet to have anyone ask about my 505 so it should be interesting.

I'm so glad I bought the cream and brown cover now- it looks gorgeous! Although mine will be a light grey within the week!
Advert
Old 07-14-2009, 01:41 AM   #6
nwinter
Zealot

Thats what I thought but it is a real dark cream so I think you will be fine. I have more grime around me than I care to imagine and was wrapped when I got the cover and saw how dark the cream actually. its more a stone colour. You will love it.

Natalie
Old 07-14-2009, 02:50 AM   #7
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Ooh, it's the cream cover! I'm waiting for mine to arrive this week (crossed fingers) or next
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 12:41 AM   #8
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Unhappy Wish I had seen the Mighty Light Travel

I wonder if Barnes & Noble has one? I bought the one that uses 3 AAA batteries and the clip sticks up more than I like. I didn't know Mighty Bright made a travel one with only one battery!
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 02:25 AM   #9
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Compared with whatever else is available, this looks nice. For one thing, it's not too heavy, and it's attached low on the so the weight is better placed (IMO). It feels odd to sit with a top-heavy Reader.

For the Europeans: I tracked reader lights down at pizzazz-retail.co.uk - and they have the Mighty Bright travel light in several colours. I ordered one in silver. I'll let you know about my impression.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 05:35 PM   #10
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
which M-edge is your Mighty Bright light attached?

Quote:

Natalie
Is that the old or new M-edge, it really all fits together nicely! I also see K-Mart sells the Mighty Bright Travel light. I want the M-edge too!
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 01:19 AM   #11
Cassy
Zealot

Its the new M-edge. The old one doesn't have the slot to fit it as far as I know
Old 07-18-2009, 05:19 AM   #12
nwinter
Zealot

yes, its the new one. It actually slipped into the elastic that they have put in for a pen or something similar. I went and changed it over to a silver one so now it looks great. Very very happy! oh it only has one battery so very small in size.

Natalie
Old 07-18-2009, 06:11 AM   #13
Onemack
Groupie
Onemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle P/W, Kobo Aura, Kobo Libre 2, Boyue likebook P10
Quote:
and Dymocks $24.99 AUD.

Natalie

Hi Natalie,

Which Dymocks? The only one that seems to know anything about ebooks and associated bits is George St (Sydney) store. The Canberra Centre one does not even know what an ebook is, I don't know about the Belconnen store! Are there any others in the Southern Area.

Cheers

John
Onemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 09:58 AM   #14
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Looks like Amazon has them here http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw...flex&x=14&y=12
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 08:33 PM   #15
nwinter
Zealot

Any dymocks store. Its not designed for the reader specifically. Its called a "Mighty bright Xtraflex Travelflex LED booklight" acordign to the receipt. The SKU for the silver one( if you want that is) 9329004003123. I would call and ask do they sell the travel flex lights from Mighty bright that only take 1 x AAA battery.