Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-20-2009, 08:32 PM   #1
jcbeam
jcbeam began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
FRUSTRATED!

I have this posted over on KindleBoards as well....waiting a response, but getting more and more frustrated.

My Kindle 2 is showing up in Devices with Removable Storage......I cannot, however, see any files. A prior suggestion was to uncheck "hidden files/folders" in Tools, which I did (and which seemed to work a couple of days ago).

Where/how should I be locating my books??

Thanks so much for any help!
Juanita
jcbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:34 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbeam View Post
My Kindle 2 is showing up in Devices with Removable Storage......I cannot, however, see any files. A prior suggestion was to uncheck "hidden files/folders" in Tools, which I did (and which seemed to work a couple of days ago).
Can you maybe post a print screen of your explorer or finder (what OS?) so we can see what you are. This doesn't make any sense.

You do have ebooks on the device?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2009, 08:45 PM   #3
jcbeam

I have books on the device, yes; at least 30, including samples. I'm running Windows XP.
I don't know how to do the print screen?

Juanita
Old 03-20-2009, 08:47 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
I have books on the device, yes; at least 30, including samples. I'm running Windows XP.
I don't know how to do the print screen?

Juanita
Press the "Print Screen" button on your keyboard. Once you have done that open the paint program and do a "Paste". Then save the file as a jpg. Once you do that you can attach the image to a message here.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 09:06 PM   #5
jcbeam

How to attach? Not working via copy/paste from Paint? So sorry for my ignorance!
Advert
Old 03-20-2009, 09:09 PM   #6
jcbeam

.jpg

Click image for larger version

Name:	kindle2.JPG
Views:	415
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	26065
Old 03-20-2009, 09:09 PM   #7
jcbeam

oops! Too small
Old 03-20-2009, 09:12 PM   #8
jcbeam

jpg

Click image for larger version

Name:	kindle2a.JPG
Views:	515
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	26066
Old 03-20-2009, 09:13 PM   #9
jcbeam

Ok, well double clicking seems to enlarge it; i hope you can see it
Old 03-20-2009, 09:22 PM   #10
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
yup.....no files
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 09:26 PM   #11
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
I have this posted over on KindleBoards as well....waiting a response, but getting more and more frustrated.

Where/how should I be locating my books??

Thanks so much for any help!
Juanita
What did Amazon Kindle Support tell you when you called?

You did call, right?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 09:31 PM   #12
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
One thing I notice is that it is showing up as "Kindle 2", mine only shows as Kindle.

I'm on Vista right now but I'll check in XP (which you are running).
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 09:37 PM   #13
jcbeam

I did not call--I guess I will tmw. Sigh.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:41 PM   #14
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
My K2 shows as "Kindle" in XP as well. I notice you have a Kindle 2 icon on your desktop, did you create it and rename it from Kindle to Kindle 2?

Are you trying to access your kindle though that icon on your desktop or are you letting XP discover the Kindle when you connect it with the USB cable and open that way?
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 09:47 PM   #15
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Does the Kindle's screen show USB Drive Mode while you're trying to browse it's contents?
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote