Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-18-2014, 10:04 PM   #46
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many Android devices, Kindle 2, Toshiba e755 PocketPC
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
...I decided to buy pts 4 & the final part of Michael Stark's "The Island" which I have parts 1-3 of (via B&N).
Assuming that you read the first three, were they good? I've looked at them, but haven't read any.

Also, three of the six books in Wings of Fantasy are available for free, so you can get started on those while you wait for Kobo.

Rojuun
The First Dragoneer
Nature Abhors a Vacuum
Difflugia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 10:22 PM   #47
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Difflugia View Post
Assuming that you read the first three, were they good? I've looked at them, but haven't read any.

Also, three of the six books in Wings of Fantasy are available for free, so you can get started on those while you wait for Kobo.

Rojuun
The First Dragoneer
Nature Abhors a Vacuum
Actually I'd forgotten I had 1-3 til I had to redownload my B&N's. I wanted to get the rest of the parts before starting to read it so I could save time by not having to buy/download them later.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2014, 01:44 PM   #48
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Is it possible for those who actually work for a book store to be illiterate? I sent off proof that I had been charged 3 times for books (books that I still don't have the ability to access via downloading) and I got the following back as part of their reply:
Quote:
As far as the Island Goes, i do see the book in your library however i do not see a purchase history for it, in order for me to do the refund for the extra charges you incurred, i will need a screen shot of your bank statement showing the three charges, if you want any info omitted you can blank out anything you don't want us to see, however we need to see the transactions, the date, your name, the account number etc.
Unlike other books that I have bought there isn't a blue button next to them indicating that I have bought them, but I was charged 3 times for books I bought from Kobo. I had included the bank statement in an earlier email from today and got what I pasted back as part of their reply. I also provided 4 links to "Wings of Fantasy" to prove that of the 4 places selling it only Kobo still has it listed as a pre-order book.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	The Island (My Library).jpg
Views:	185
Size:	234.3 KB
ID:	128759   Click image for larger version

Name:	The Island (bank Statement).jpg
Views:	185
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	128760  
Old 09-24-2014, 02:02 PM   #49
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

They're getting better. They unlocked 1 of the 2 books that I bought from them. The other is still locked though. I know I have two books coming because they charged me $1.63 and both books are just .99. It's simple math.
.99 x 2 =1.98 -1.63 = .35
100 - 35 = 65
65% x.99 /100 = .64 cents (the coupon)
.64+.99 = $1.63
Old 09-24-2014, 08:20 PM   #50
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
What about taking another approach: ask Kobo how the books got into your account, Library, because they're for sale, and not free ebooks.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2014, 11:08 PM   #51
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
What about taking another approach: ask Kobo how the books got into your account, Library, because they're for sale, and not free ebooks.
They unlocked one of them for me after I wrote them an email about how I was charged for them even though they had no record of the sale for some reason. There was an error in the buying process.
Old 09-25-2014, 04:45 PM   #52
snape
Language Lover
snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.

Device: Current: PRS-350, Kindle PW // Previous: PRS-505, Kindle 1, Kindle 2
Quote:
They unlocked one of them for me after I wrote them an email about how I was charged for them even though they had no record of the sale for some reason. There was an error in the buying process.
That's a step in the right direction, at least.

It sounds like you and I ran into the same purchasing problem. I never got a receipt from Kobo for the 2 books I ordered so they told me I would need to prove the purchase actually happened. I sent over my PayPal receipts but have heard nothing further from them. Looks like I may be stuck disputing the charges with PayPal if Kobo doesn't resolve the situation. What a pain.
snape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 09:08 AM   #53
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

They unlocked the other but I think there has been some mis-communication somewhere. I got this in my email:
Quote:
Hello Charles,

We are contacting you from Tier 2 Kobo Customer Care Refunds.
We are are sorry to hear that "The Island: The Final Chapters" appears locked on your account.
However, we are glad to hear that you were able to sort out the charges made so no refund is needed.
We have unlocked "The Island: The Final Chapters" for you.
Please sync your library and let us know if you can access the book.

Thank you,
The Kobo Team
I was charged $1.63 (3) three times for a total of $4.89 or $3.26 more than the two books cost together with one of them being only .64 with a coupon (.64+.99 =$1.63 not $4.89) so how they figure no refund is needed I don't pretend to understand. It's tempting to ask when they will begin 1st grade and start learning some basic math.
Old 09-27-2014, 10:42 AM   #54
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
They unlocked the other but I think there has been some mis-communication somewhere. I got this in my email:
I was charged $1.63 (3) three times for a total of $4.89 or $3.26 more than the two books cost together with one of them being only .64 with a coupon (.64+.99 =$1.63 not $4.89) so how they figure no refund is needed I don't pretend to understand. It's tempting to ask when they will begin 1st grade and start learning some basic math.
They have enough reading comprehension problems that there was a thread a few years ago debating whether tier 1 was a live person or just a computer generated response
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 11:18 AM   #55
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
They have enough reading comprehension problems that there was a thread a few years ago debating whether tier 1 was a live person or just a computer generated response
I think it has to be a live person. No computer program could possibly equal the density of a human mind.
Old 09-29-2014, 12:00 PM   #56
snape
Language Lover
snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.

Device: Current: PRS-350, Kindle PW // Previous: PRS-505, Kindle 1, Kindle 2
Success! Both of my recently purchased books have now been unlocked. It took several communications with Kobo and one customer service survey outlining the problem (and all I had done to correct it) but I now finally have access to my purchased content.

@crich70 - Here's to hoping your access/refund issues are worked out soon!
snape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 01:53 PM   #57
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by snape View Post
Success! Both of my recently purchased books have now been unlocked. It took several communications with Kobo and one customer service survey outlining the problem (and all I had done to correct it) but I now finally have access to my purchased content.

@crich70 - Here's to hoping your access/refund issues are worked out soon!
Thanks. The access problems are though I'm still waiting for them to reply to my latest email about the over charge. Why the author split his book into 5 parts I don't know but parts 1-3 are free and parts 4-5 were .99 a piece. They still have that problem and the problem I had with "Wings of Fantasy" mixed together though. I got that sorted out and I cancelled the pre-order (which was overdue by 3 weeks). $3.26 isn't a lot of money but it was an overcharge.
Old 09-29-2014, 05:02 PM   #58
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

I finally did hear back from Kobo.
Quote:
I can offer you two options:
- I can refund all three charges. You can then purchase the books once more. I can provide you a new promo code for this. That way the books will show in your purchase history.
- I can refund two charges and you can keep the books as they are.
I'm choosing the latter as I had no problem with being charged for the books themselves, just with the issue of being charged thrice due to some glitch in the purchase itself.
Old 10-03-2014, 11:53 AM   #59
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

I was checking my bank statement this morning and Kobo did refund the over charges that happened last month. Of course I'm sure it helped that I was able to show them screenshots of the triple charge and explain the amounts.
Old 10-03-2014, 06:38 PM   #60
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
It is seeing threads like this over and over again that make me leery of using Kobo. I have used them to buy 2 books before, but everytime I think about buying a book there, I feel like I am walking into a minefield, never knowing when something is going to go KaBloom!
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote