Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 07-29-2008, 10:48 AM   #61
naberhaus
naberhaus began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad v2
Thanks!!

Great work! Thanks for the effort!

I look forward to the enhancements mentioned.

I was able to get a new title working by using your method. I will probably be able to get others going now too! I believe my method of editing the xml file was faulty before...

Quote:
Originally Posted by w.m.vanvliet View Post
I think it's time to blow some new life into this wonderful Gargoyle thread. While Adam did a good job at porting the application, it is a shame his source is lost so I had to start over from scratch.

With result. I believe I have done the basic tweaks Adam has done (opening it in a window, keyboard pops up), but have gone a bit further to increase the size of the window and the font (can be done in the config file btw) to a better readable one. Also, this version is coimpiled with gtk2.0, which has a nicer load/save dialog for your games.

After this port, I went on vacation and spend quite a few hours playing various IF games, while thinking about what could be improved.

Things I am likely to include next are:
- Move the window to the top of the screen by default (any pointers to accomplish this are appreciated, standard window_move did not work)
- Fix window focus bug: after a load/save, the background window has focus, not the Gargoyle application
- Making the page-flip bar perform a page-up page-down, having long descriptions with a -more prompt at the bottom are annoying atm.
- Creating a loader for IF titles (for all those having trouble)
- Creating a nice installer
- Creating an option to take notes, having a piece of paper next to my Iliad somehow seems wrong
- Automatic mapping for the same reason

If you have any requests, I'm happy to hear them

For the code and executables I refer you to:
http://lassie.student.utwente.nl/iliad/gargoyle.zip
http://lassie.student.utwente.nl/ili...-source.tar.gz

In gargoyle.zip you fill find two folders. The first is the gargoyle program, the second is a folder called IF which contains a few manifest files for the various titles I was playing during my vacation. The actual games are in the gargoyle/games folder, the manifest files are just for convenience. Take a look at them (and the run.sh files) and I'm sure you can figure out how to add more games.
naberhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 12:56 PM   #62
Sunn Sunn
Sunn Sunn began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
Where are these files now?
Sunn Sunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2009, 11:34 AM   #63
w.m.vanvliet
Computer science student
w.m.vanvliet began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
After disappearing for more then a year.. I'm back. I'm not porting Gargoyle any longer, but have been working on my very own IF player. Read about it in this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62480
w.m.vanvliet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 08:02 AM   #64
saimazoom
saimazoom began at the beginning.

Device: illiad
Hi

I've been able to compile the Gargoyle version from wm vanvliet, and added a number of features:

- Move the window to the top, left position of the screen.
- Word autocompletion when the TAB key is pressed.
- Use of a modified version of xepdmgr to manage screen auto-update (fastest screen response than previous version).
- Added support por GLORB, ZBLORB file. To achieve this I've drop in the newest versions of GIT and GLULXE for Gargoyle.

It is a pleasure to play the games with the autocompletion feature (likewise DS-FROTZ). Now I want to add scribbles, because they are much needed to play properly this type of games. I was thinking in opening a new window for hand-writting and taking anotations and switch forth and back with the gargoyle window. Is there some tutorial about compiling a program with scribbles
support ?.

P.D.: Also i've compiled the newest version of Gargoyle(2009) and it is working under qemu using the vmware image found in this phorum. I did the proper modifications to the source code to add support to the iliad keyboard and to represeh the screen but in the real hardware the program refuses to boot. Can someone give me some guidance ?

Last edited by saimazoom; 05-02-2010 at 08:04 AM.
saimazoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 05:42 AM   #65
w.m.vanvliet
Computer science student
w.m.vanvliet began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
Can you give a link to the code?
I would gladly take a look at both your working version and your new Gargoyle which refuses to boot.
w.m.vanvliet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2010, 05:57 PM   #66
saimazoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by w.m.vanvliet View Post
Can you give a link to the code?
I would gladly take a look at both your working version and your new Gargoyle which refuses to boot.
Finally I was able to add to your source all the new TADS, Glulx, GIT and Inform new versions (as it can be found in the Gargoyle 2009). Now it is possible to play The King of Shreds and Patches, Alabaster, city of secrets and so on. I'll post the code and compiled binaries tomorrow. Do you have some suggestion about how to add scribbles? In the meanwhile I'm keeping close a notebook to draw maps.
Old 05-15-2010, 11:58 AM   #67
klikklak
Connoisseur
klikklak doesn't litterklikklak doesn't litter

Device: nokia 770, PRS-500
So er, are there any chances for a engine that'd support Legend games? You know, they have graphics too I've played Gateway and Eric the Unready out of those and I really enjoyed them. But I'm happy with this too, I think I'll start plodding through Leather Goddesses of Phobos some time soon
klikklak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 10:41 AM   #68
saimazoom

Can they be played by Gargoyle ?. Gargoyle supports a big number of formats...

Quote:
Originally Posted by klikklak View Post
So er, are there any chances for a engine that'd support Legend games? You know, they have graphics too I've played Gateway and Eric the Unready out of those and I really enjoyed them. But I'm happy with this too, I think I'll start plodding through Leather Goddesses of Phobos some time soon
Old 09-01-2011, 04:49 AM   #69
saimazoom

Gargoyle 2010 port

Sorry for the delay, but life happens (a baby, moving home). This version of Gargoyle for Illiad includes the most up-to-date versions of the Terps, meaning that glulx-acceleratos and .gblorb files are supported. I've also added a feature of my own: pressing the TAB key an autocomplete word feature is activated (ala command shell in Linux).

Source code for Gargoyle 2010
Compiled sources for Gargoyle 2010
Readme
Random notes for compiling Gargoyle under Illiad.

Thanks and sorry for the delay.

Greetings.