Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > iSilo/X

Notices

Old 05-08-2004, 10:05 AM   #1
palmZilla
palmZilla began at the beginning.

Device: HP iPAQ 4150
comeback kid needs a little help

hey guys (and gals) i'm back after a year long layoff. got a new PPC (HP 4155) and i'm trying to get isilo setup again. i don't have my old .ixl file anymore (ugh!) so i need to start from scratch. i dloaded the latest wcc120a.ixl and i can't remember the easiest way to just carve out the ones i need into my own .ixl w/o having to recreate them each individually... i have about 20-30 channels from that master list i want to convert daily...

THANKS for your time and patience...
Old 05-08-2004, 10:21 AM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Welcome back, palmZilla!

The easiest way I know (for Windows-based desktops) is to open two instances of iSiloX.
Instance 1: open wcc120a.ixl
Instance 2: Start a new workspace (File->New)

Click on a channel you like from Instance 1. Press CTRL+C (copy). Now go to Instance 2. Press CTRL+V (paste). Repeat as necessary.

When you are done, save the workspace from Instance 2 and name it favorites.ixl or something like that.

Greets
Alex
Old 05-08-2004, 02:06 PM   #3
palmZilla
palmZilla began at the beginning.

Device: HP iPAQ 4150
oh man thanks that works perfect. i was looking at having to do all these manually and rip my hair out. thanks so much.